SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Origin Effects Deluxe61 (aka RevivalTrem)

TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4830
edited May 13 in FX £

Origin Effects Deluxe61 - an upgraded replacement of the RevivalTrem

£289 inc. shipping

I’m selling a 3 month-old, immaculate OE Deluxe61. It comes in the original box, with the "Getting Started" guide. The unit has velcro on the base but the original rubber feet are included for re-attachment if so desired. 

You'd think this was a new pedal if it wasn't for the velcro, but it's £80 cheaper than a new one. It’s a wonderful thing and I’m only selling it on because it’s not quite what I need - although it came close and is a lovely thing in itself…. 

According to Origin Effects, this pedal contains the complete amp topology of a Deluxe61 in miniaturised analogue component form. From guitar input through the preamp and out through power amp circuitry. That includes the bias tremolo that is integrated into the amp circuit itself and not an added-on effect. - just like the original amp.

It does behave like an amp. If you reduce your picking level or turn the guitar volume down, it cleans up in an organic way. If you dig in hard or hit it with a boost, it gets dirtier just like an amp does. 

The only difference between the Deluxe61 and the earlier RevivalTrem product it replaced is that (in response to customer feedback) the Deluxe61 has an extra 3dB of headroom so it doesn't distort as quickly and is more versatile as a result. It has exactly the same glorious bias tremolo incorporated into the amp circuitry.

To summarise - it’s a great pedal and I liked playing through it, but it isn’t quite what I need for my future plans and I’d rather sell it on than keep it in a cupboard. 

Shipping will be using Royal Mail by 1pm Next Day, for insurance purposes and a swift delivery. 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/mmwexs1du72mt5exydwbh/D61-box.JPG?rlkey=ju6l4k2e3kh0ynabgaeaa5jqx&st=8ctdktfe&raw=1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4830
    Oh, it's probably worth saying that the top three controls make it very flexible for recording or direct-to-desk purposes. 

Drive - is like the volume control on an amp without a master volume. Turn it up and the tone gets gnarlier and louder.
    Tone - is interactive with the drive control

Once you've got the sound you like, the Output control just lets you set the amount of signal you send out without changing the tone you've dialled in (apart from the way different volume levels affect the ears). 
    - Use it as an amp (brownface Fender) for going direct.
    - Use it as an amp-in-a-box into your existing amp (with tone adjustments on the D61 to cater for your current amp)
    - Use it as an overdrive (D61 at full drive but attenuating the output to match the rest of your settings is very nice)
    - Use it as a genuine bias tremolo for that TJ Burnett swampy sound... 
    - Toggle the tremolo on/off (latching) and tap tempo the speed (momentary) using the TRS remote footswitch or pedal switcher of your choice

Bump...
    Bump…
    Sold elsewhere...