Dave Gilmour at the Royal Albert Hall.

What's Hot
ditchboyditchboy Frets: 306
Anybody else pre-ordered the album to get access to the pre-sale? I’m pretty confident I’ll be disappointed in the morning but fingers crossed!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8068
    edited May 8
    I’ve preordered the vinyl, got my preorder code for 10am tomorrow. 

I’ve never seen him live, so might as well give it a blast. I’ll be there with all the other crusty old blokes , complaining about my arthritis and dodgy knee, air guitaring like a teenager. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ditchboyditchboy Frets: 306
    TheMarlin said:
    I’ve preordered the vinyl, got my preorder code for 10am tomorrow. 
    I read somewhere he doesn’t do any of the Waters era material which will be a shame but I’d like to see him regardless. 
  • FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 582
    He may need to borrow a strat. I heard he sold his last one.......
    If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Injured Veteran and head injury survivor. Bouts of grumpy behavior and brutal humor are to be expected.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Epi LP Custom
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    FastEddie said:
    He may need to borrow a strat. I heard he sold his last one.......
    I’d happily let him use mine.  =)
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24863
    Yes - will be having a go tomorrow morning…
    Any ideas on prices yet? 
    Will feed back in the morning on price. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14649
    ditchboy said:
    I read somewhere he doesn’t do any of the Waters era material which will be a shame but I’d like to see him regardless. 
    DG is appearing live to promote his new record and, in all probability, record the RAH show(s) to release later on video.

There is more than enough material in the DG back catalogue to fill a decent length set. The song list may also be tailored to suit any special guests scheduled to appear. e.g. Roy Harper introduced, expect Short And Sweet. Pete Townshend introduced, expect White City Fighting or All Lovers Are Deranged. Kate Bush introduced (I wish!), expect Love And Anger. You get the picture.

It would be so nice if the support act were Nick Mason's Saucerful Of Secrets but they would have to drastically curtail their set.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5464
    David hasn’t had support acts in decades. Hopefully Nick will just show up for a couple numbers. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14649
    edited May 8
    Last DG tour I attended was About Face. I was at the Hammersmith date when Billy Bragg made the between-song banter comment about Syd Barrett that got him kicked off the remainder of the tour. (Silly Billy!)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5849

It would be so nice if the support act were Nick Mason's Saucerful Of Secrets but they would have to drastically curtail their set.
    And pay Guy twice? Can’t see the old guys doing that ;)

There are still tickets for Nick at the RAH aren’t there? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hurling_FruitmigHurling_Fruitmig Frets: 700
    There were over 3000 people in front of me in the digital queue for the one night I'd be able to make. Seems unlikely I'll be going.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24863
    I’m through the queue and site seems to be frozen…
    edited May 9
    £277 + fees for the decent seats (and not all of those are even all that hot) - I’m sadly out. Will forever have memories of his previous two tours, the time I saw Pink Floyd in 1994, that time he sat in with the Italian Pink Floyd cover band to play Atom Heart Mother and the time he sat in with Amadou & Mariam at the Union Chapel (which was like £25 or something iirc, that was a different time). 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AustrianJohnAustrianJohn Frets: 1702
    edited May 9
    There were over 3000 people in front of me in the digital queue for the one night I'd be able to make. Seems unlikely I'll be going.
    I joined the queue when it opened and the web page just says HAPPENING NOW and has a blue circle going round and round for half an hour. Sounds like you made more progress.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9785
    Whitecat said:
    £277 + fees for the decent seats (and not all of those are even all that hot) - I’m sadly out. Will forever have memories of his previous two tours, the time I saw Pink Floyd in 1994, that time he sat in with the Italian Pink Floyd cover band to play Atom Heart Mother and the time he sat in with Amadou & Mariam at the Union Chapel (which was like £25 or something iirc, that was a different time). 
    The only time I’ve seen David Gilmour the tickets cost, IIRC, £5 each. Mind you that was back in ‘73 or ‘74 for the DSOTM tour
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    HAL9000 said:
    Whitecat said:
    The only time I’ve seen David Gilmour the tickets cost, IIRC, £5 each. Mind you that was back in ‘73 or ‘74 for the DSOTM tour
    That’s a little over £52 in today money - still a bargain and less than half of what I paid to see DG on the last tour, but only just. £110ish at the time felt stiff, but I justified it to myself that it could be the last time he ever toured. I’m not falling for that again! :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    It’s seems bots have cleared out all tickets for all days
  • AustrianJohnAustrianJohn Frets: 1702
    TheMarlin said:
    It’s seems bots have cleared out all tickets for all days
    Were all the tickets on sale today, or only a selection?
  • KultscharKultschar Frets: 46
    edited May 9
    Managed to get tickets for Sat and the Monday.   Had no problem my end thankfully