ThorpyFX WOPR

What's Hot

Comments

• Mike_SMike_S Frets: 0
    DoctorX said:
    Nice one, Old Timer ordered (the code didn’t work for me though, said it was invalid for the item in my cart)
    Same for me.. Wrote the code and the size in the Comments field since the code would not be accepted at checkout. Anyway, can't wait for the pedal.. Sounds great in Chris' rig.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    Mike_S said:
    DoctorX said:
    Nice one, Old Timer ordered (the code didn’t work for me though, said it was invalid for the item in my cart)
    Same for me.. Wrote the code and the size in the Comments field since the code would not be accepted at checkout. Anyway, can't wait for the pedal.. Sounds great in Chris' rig.
    Note noted. No idea why the  code isn’t working…. Apologies. 

The sentiment still stands, just put your size and a comment on fretboard in the notes part. And I’ll make it happen regardless. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4215
    This has made me only just realise that the ER-2 was discontinued - d'oh!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    This has made me only just realise that the ER-2 was discontinued - d'oh!
    only temporarily.... its been redesigned and itll be back later in the year. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 393
    Are there any big changes to the ER-2 redesign? Does it still have the offset control to change the way the lamp ramps up (or whatever it did)
    edited May 15
    Just seen the Old Timer manual is on the Thorpy site. It says that the vibe’s offset control “changes the way the internal LFO ramps up”, so have they gone away from the lamp/LDR design?
    tFB Trader
    DoctorX said:
    Just seen the Old Timer manual is on the Thorpy site. It says that the vibe’s offset control “changes the way the internal LFO ramps up”, so have they gone away from the lamp/LDR design?
    Yes, it's a long and boring story.... I'll happily share privately but we had to redesign the ER-2... it's now ER-2 block 2. but its solved a few niggles and sounds identical amongst other benefits. 
    No worries, just being curious. I know Roger Mayer ditched LDR’s years ago and the voodoo vibe+ gets a lot of love. Is the new design influenced by anything or is it an all new thing?
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1549
    Whilst not a pedal, has Mr Thorpy considered releasing a line of pedalboards? I can only imagine how awesome the aesthetics and construction would be :)
    Also, i'm holding on to 'Tube Alloy' as a pedal name :)
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7692
    edited May 17
    Kalimna said:
    Whilst not a pedal, has Mr Thorpy considered releasing a line of pedalboards? I can only imagine how awesome the aesthetics and construction would be

The “Pressure Plate” range :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1549
    TimmyO said:
    Kalimna said:
    Whilst not a pedal, has Mr Thorpy considered releasing a line of pedalboards? I can only imagine how awesome the aesthetics and construction would be

Awesome. Awesome to the max :)
    tFB Trader
    Kalimna said:
    Whilst not a pedal, has Mr Thorpy considered releasing a line of pedalboards? I can only imagine how awesome the aesthetics and construction would be :)
    Oh, i have ideas..... just gotta find the time to make them real

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7692
    Kalimna said:
    TimmyO said:
    Kalimna said:

Awesome. Awesome to the max :)
    actually on reflection, having met a couple of ex-serviceman folks so affected, I retract that... 
    Red ones are better. 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6982
    ThorpyFX said:
    Kalimna said:

Hi mate,

Feel fee to tell me to sod off and I completely understand your connection to it, but out of interest would you ever consider doing a line of 'stealth' enclosures for people that really don't like all the militaristic imagery but love the tones?

I had a similar thing with high end cinema cameras when the Red camera company was releasing the Weapon, the Bomb and various 'tactical' accessories and everything was covered in skull and crossbones etc. Which ultimately ended up with me being stopped by armed Police at Belfast airport for trying to bring a weapon and bomb through customs!
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 928
    soma1975 said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    Kalimna said:

Hi mate,

Feel fee to tell me to sod off and I completely understand your connection to it, but out of interest would you ever consider doing a line of 'stealth' enclosures for people that really don't like all the militaristic imagery but love the tones?

I had a similar thing with high end cinema cameras when the Red camera company was releasing the Weapon, the Bomb and various 'tactical' accessories and everything was covered in skull and crossbones etc. Which ultimately ended up with me being stopped by armed Police at Belfast airport for trying to bring a weapon and bomb through customs!

I feel similarly, if that counts for anything (unlikely!).
    tFB Trader
    soma1975 said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    Kalimna said:

Hi mate,

Here’s the thing, yes I have served, yes I lean into that background for nomenclature and naming but….. you’ll note I have tried to move away from OVERT military names that relate to death, killing etc.  for instance I won’t name a pedal “land mine” 

A lot of my naming is based upon a fascination for military tech, engineering etc. 

I wouldn’t call myself a pacifist because I believe in the saying, walk quietly but carry a big stick, but I am not glorifying conflict, nor would I. War is a failing of politics, when that happens we all suffer. 

I have lost several mates to wars and tbh most of that feels like a tragic waste of life.

For example the scarlet tunic was named after a line in a Floyd song.. the imagery on the pedal is a line drawing of a portrait of a mentor of mine, he was killed in Afghanistan under tragic circumstances, that image was a silent tribute to a man I very much respect. 

Another example, WOPR is a fictional computer in a fictional film… 

I guess what I’m saying is, on the whole you’d find we are very much aligned in our world view. I’m not however going to create sanitised blank pedals based upon a perceived glorified celebration of militaria which just isn’t present to my mind.l 

Hope that makes sense? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
    Oh apologies I didn't mean to imply you were purposefully glorifying anything. I've watched lots of videos with you talking about your background and the company and find you to be articulate and passionate and to be honest I love what you do and I'm sure we would be aligned on a lot of things.  

I just have a hangup about that sort of imagery so wondered if a custom job could be ordered at some point down the line. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    tFB Trader
    soma1975 said:
    Oh apologies I didn't mean to imply you were purposefully glorifying anything. I've watched lots of videos with you talking about your background and the company and find you to be articulate and passionate and to be honest I love what you do and I'm sure we would be aligned on a lot of things.  

I just have a hangup about that sort of imagery so wondered if a custom job could be ordered at some point down the line. 
    Maybe….. what are you after? DM me please. 

Ah it's just a general question for now. Will give you a shout down the line for sure. Thanks. 

• jca74jca74 Frets: 369
     for instance I won’t name a pedal “land mine” 

No-one would ever dare turn it on, for a start...

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom