SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Nigel Crinson Thinline T

CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4298
edited June 7 in Guitars £
Superb instrument from Nigel Crinson, maker of fine violins and cellos, and famed for his Blackguard replicas (which Fender apparently weren’t too happy with..), of which I have owned a couple as well. Really unusual guitar this one, almost certainly the only one of its kind in existence. 

Custom build Thinline T from 2003, one piece Ash body and Spruce top. Beautiful big C neck with amazing flame, Ebony board and block inlays with jumbo frets, a REALLY lovely neck and plays like a dream. Clear nitro/ natural finish on the body with lots of checking everywhere, this guitar has been well used and looks great. No issues at all, just wear and tear, frets in great condition. Some ares where frets pushing on binding, but fairly common thing. Highly resonant and lively guitar. I will get round to weighing it, but confident it will be somewhere between 7 and 7.5lbs.

Seymour Duncan - Jazz (SH2N) in the neck, superb sounding pickup, Seymour Duncan - ‘59 PAF (SH1B) in the bridge which is a proper classic, they match perfectly together. A very very versatile guitar, genuinely can go from feeling like a serious Jazz guitar to a thumping rock machine, lots of lovely overtones with some drive engaged. Bridge upgraded to Faber TPWC-'59 Vintage Spec ALUMINIUM, with Tonepros locking studs.

I can think of many compelling reasons to keep this, but have taken a few vintage guitars off sale and decide to hold onto them, so moving on everything else. Very likely one to regret, but it won’t be the first and probably won’t be the last… 

£1,575  £1,475  £1,425   £1,385 delivered    Edit:  Decided to give it a whirl with some flatwound Thomastik 11’s on it. Might be the greatest Jazz Tele ever in the history of the universe.  So currently set up with those, can switch back if buyer prefers anything different.

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• cm01cm01 Frets: 477
    My Crinson Blackguard Tele was one of the best sounding (and playing guitars) I've ever played... this looks a cracker as well
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4298
    Had taken it off sale as I just know for sure it is one of those that will cause me some annoyance in the future… But, trying to strictly limit to a few guitars, so it’s back for anyone that fancies something truly unique!  :)
    Price drop.

Price drop bump, absolute bargain for an incredible guitar!
    Price drop bump again. Something very special for this money.