Birthday tour of the Marshall factory & museum

What's Hot
FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2445
My GF managed to book us a tour of the Marshall factory and museum yesterday - and it was chuffing amazing! Just us 2 and a guide, and instead of the typical 1 hour tour, we were there for almost 3.

I know they get a lot of sh*t lately for moving towards lifestyle ranges - which make up 80% of their revenue - but to see the amps and cabs being made was incredible. Everyone we met were genuinely passionate about their job, and we met people there who had worked there for over 20 years.

They also very kindly gave me a goody bag as we left, with a birthday card, beanie, baseball cap, pin badge and stickers. Sure, it's not an AFD100, but very, very kind of them!

Highly recommended if you're near Bletchley.

0reaction image LOL 14reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31771
    Looks great. I will go there one day, but I'm holding off until a French friend of mine who's obsessed with Marshalls can make it over here at the same time. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2390
    Awesome stuff, thanks for the great photos, and happy birthday.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3082
    I drive by the factory near enough everyday at work. Can’t help but really want to check it all out. 

Happy birthday

• gordijigordiji Frets: 789
    Great girlfriend and great birthday by the sound of it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4923
    Awesome stuff and a great present, I need to do that tour at some point I reckon. 

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• NeilNeil Frets: 3674
    That looks like a great trip.

Marshall are a great company that really look after their customers as I found out when they overhauled my thirty year old Valvestate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4342
    edited May 15
    I have a deal with Mrs. R that we'll go to Marshall and visit the Enigma stuff at the National Museum of Computing at the same time. Which I also really want to do, so win for me.

Great pics, glad you had a good time - makes me want to go even more.

Happy belated birthday too!
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3339
    p90fool said:
    Looks great. I will go there one day, but I'm holding off until a French friend of mine who's obsessed with Marshalls can make it over here at the same time. 
    Lucky Pierre!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom