Looper Replacement

MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1246
in FX
Alright folks?

My EHX 22500 seems to have died - not accepting any SD cards anymore.  It was probably way more looper than I actually need anyway, so I'm looking to replace and maybe downsize.

There seems to be a lot of good stuff on the market now.  The DigiTech Trio looks fab, the Mooer X2, Boss Loop Station. I'd like something with a decent set of drum patterns.

Anyone using something interesting?
Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1187
    I have the Boss RC500.  As a looper it's the best I've ever owned.  As a drum machine - not so much.  
    Trio + is also good.  I didn't get on with it but that's mainly due to me expecting too much from it.  
    Check out the Nux Loop Core as well.
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3110
    Trio + is brilliant for what it is. Normal trio doesn't have the looper though so avoid that for your needs. By far the best drummer in a pedal but it has a mind of it's own and matches the beat to what you teach it. You can get good at teaching it though. You can sequence 5 parts in any order any amount of times as well. What would be brilliant would be a Trio mk 2. Here's hoping.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9663
    Boss is King here, imho.

Ive got a RC5, RC3 and RC10r.

The latter maybe up for sale cheap ;)
  • personalnadirpersonalnadir Frets: 356
    If you want something a bit more... more. The Poly Beebo's Loopler module is a lot fun, and you get all the convolution reverbs and so on with it

• Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3115
    edited May 23
    The Donner Circle Looper is worth a look. It is inexpensive but has a feature set and simple workflow that I’ve not come across on other loopers. For my own requirements it suits me much better than my old Boss rc-2. It has 100 drum patterns in various styles.

Our band’s drummer has a lot of family commitments at the moment, so we use the drums in this looper a lot at rehearsal. I’d say It adequately covers 90% of our needs (covers band) and is currently a lot more reliable than our drummer!

• joetelejoetele Frets: 954
    The Donner Circle Looper is worth a look. It is inexpensive but has a feature set and simple workflow that I’ve not come across on other loopers. For my own requirements it suits me much better than my old Boss re-2. It has 100 drum patterns in various styles.

Our band’s drummer has a lot of family commitments at the moment, so we use the drums in this looper a lot at rehearsal. I’d say It adequately covers 90% of our needs (covers band) and is currently a lot more reliable than our drummer!

I was really impressed by some of the drum sounds and patterns - especially the jazz stuff. Genuinely quite varied and sounded like an actual recorded kit. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6406
    Ditto models have a good rep
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1246
    Nice - thanks all.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/