SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Sennheiser MKH 416 Shotgun microphone

What's Hot
I've got my eye on some used ones, but a bit on the high side.

No mad rush, just want to play with one. Very specifically want this model, so not interested in any others.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gjonesygjonesy Frets: 147
    CeX sometimes have stuff like this
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1512
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 721
    Thanks - that's interesting!

Slightly missed a trick I think (?) not having those mounted, and also testing them at distance - which is what I'm after one.

Temptation for me (as a simple person) is to have an SM57 of shotgun mics, regardless of what actually might be better. Half of that is being able to sell it if I get bored.
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1512
    BTW, I bought the AT875R after this interaction yesterday (it was on offer on Amazon). It arrived today - and it is really excellent. Really quiet noise floor, cuts out all external noise in my untreated room and doesn't require as much gain as my other mics. So if you were considering the 416 - really give it a go first! It's a quarter of the price and MIJ.