A non bank breaking spring reverb without modulation?

What's Hot
Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1409
edited May 17 in FX
Hi all, I have a Moose Electronics spring reverb pedal. It is really good, a one knob pedal. It has some modulation when you turn the effect up, which is a good thing if you want it. I already use it beside a Walrus Audio Slo which has lots of modulation, so looking for something more neutral to use as a spring type effect.
Is the Mosky spring reverb worth a punt? Cheap as chips too. I am going to try using a TC electronic rack for reverbs too, so just looking for something basic.
Not sure what the TC Electronic Drip is like. 
I would like something resistant under size 11 foot!! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1167
    TC Hall of Fame Mini MK1 does sit for me. It's got TonePrint too, so you can load different reverbs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1409
    TC Hall of Fame Mini MK1 does sit for me. It's got TonePrint too, so you can load different reverbs.
    Ah yes, good thinking. I have one too but using it for bass. I will check out the toneprints.
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 273

no doubt there are other videos that show the spring setting so hopefully thats also good?
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2332
    Mosky Spring Reverb owner here. Like many such pedals it achieves the effect from three PT2399 digital delay chips. It’s kinda trashy sounding in a good way, but you won’t get the longer trails of either a real spring reverb or a decent DSP emulation.

The Biyang Tri Reverb is worth a look too and can easily be found used for under £40.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    I have to take into account that anything I get will be a digital emulation anyway, which is fine, I just want something without the modulation if possible.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7613
    I was just about to say 'the old Digitech Hardwire Reverb' but googled it first - jeepers - looks like folks have realised how good they were - expensive used. 
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:
    I was just about to say 'the old Digitech Hardwire Reverb' but googled it first - jeepers - looks like folks have realised how good they were - expensive used. 
    yep, over priced. A decent pedal though.
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1486
    The Biyang is a totally legit budget option. I've heard the Mosky is good too.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3299
    I always describe the Mosky as being more akin to a slap back delay -it’s great, a really really good pedal, but it isn’t spring reverb. 

Biyang will be a good one. S/h JHS 3 reverb would be my recommendation. I got rid of mine for a surfy bear real spring reverb and as great as the surfy is, I could have stayed with the JHS.
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 362
    Ferkin hell. I was going to suggest something like a vintage Eurotech Black box spring reverb unit. I bought one of these back in the 1980s for not a lot of money and ended up giving it away when I sold my old Carlsbro Scorpion SS amp. I've just seen an ad for one on reverb for £350. Even allowing for reverb pricing optimism that is a stupid amount for something which I think  I bought for about £20 new.
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 301
    edited May 17
    deleted 
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 839
    TC Electronic Arena. Highly underrated pedal IMHO.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12459
    Ive heard people gripe about ehx build quality but i really liked the sound of the holy grail nano when i had it. 
    Picked up a Mosky but may get something else down the line too