Springsteen concerts anyond been to one in the U.K ? ?

What's Hot
mark123mark123 Frets: 1331
I'm going to the Sunderland one next week and got a front standing ticket to those that have been already is there a pit in front of this ? And is it a case of letting the first few with front standing tickets into the pit then a cut off and the rest are just in the normal front standing...if that makes sense ?.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'm going to Sunderland also. From what I've seen on vids and photos of the gigs at Cardiff and over the water in Ireland I don't think there will be. Just looks like one reasonably large sized front standing area going about a third of the way back...

If you're wanting to get in right at the front you're gonna have to start queueing ridiculously early - wouldn't surprise me if some people camped out the night before!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1331
    I'm going to Sunderland also. From what I've seen on vids and photos of the gigs at Cardiff and over the water in Ireland I don't think there will be. Just looks like one reasonably large sized front standing area going about a third of the way back...

If you're wanting to get in right at the front you're gonna have to start queueing ridiculously early - wouldn't surprise me if some people camped out the night before!
    Some queueing now over the S.O.L
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nutters! Just checked the weather app on my phone - looks like rain all day and night, just like last time at the SoL!
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2825
    I’m going to see Wesley Stace / Harding in Reading next week. I am hoping that Bruce will turn up as they’ve gigged before 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27504
    edited May 18
    If it’s anything like U2 (and the Bryan Adams RAH shows) there will be a cartel of people all saving each other places in the queue and decieding who gets to be in their gang. All very odd and a little bit childish imo 

I’m sure it’ll be a great gig though, whever you end up standing. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8831
    Hmm.  Saw him in (?) 1988 in Sheffield, and 2008 at the Emirates...  Cracking stuff: hope you have a GREAT time :)
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If it’s anything like U2 (and the Bryan Adams RAH shows) there will be a cartel of people all saving each other places in the queue and decieding who gets to be in their gang. All very odd and a little bit childish imo 

For Bruce's gigs there's an orderly system. When you start queueing you get given a number written on your hand, and you have to 'check in' a few times per day for those who start camping out a few days in advance. Then when they open the gates they let numbers 1-100 in first to baggsy the best spaces at the front, then 100-200 etc etc. 

Never done (and got no plans to) it but apparantly it's great little atmosphere.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27504
    If it’s anything like U2 (and the Bryan Adams RAH shows) there will be a cartel of people all saving each other places in the queue and decieding who gets to be in their gang. All very odd and a little bit childish imo 

For Bruce's gigs there's an orderly system. When you start queueing you get given a number written on your hand, and you have to 'check in' a few times per day for those who start camping out a few days in advance. Then when they open the gates they let numbers 1-100 in first to baggsy the best spaces at the front, then 100-200 etc etc. 

Never done (and got no plans to) it but apparantly it's great little atmosphere.
    Ok that’s good to know if the venue/promoter/band mgmt are organising it. I’ve heard all sorts of horror stories from the US…!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1611
    edited May 18
    I've got front pitch standing for Wembley 25th July. 
    I have no clue what it will be like at Sunderland. 

Just wanted to say I have front pitch standing for Wembley 25th July. 
    I've said that a lot since the tickets were booked.
    Seeing him has been a long time coming and will be a real bucket list event for me. 

Just a bit excited! 

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3062
    I went to Sunderland last night in the front standing area and, despite not being a massive fan, and the pouring rain, it was a superb gig.

He played a very well-rehearsed set of over 3 hours. He’s 74 years old!

Obligatory guitar-related content:

He mostly played a couple of teles all night, with a couple more teles coming out occasionally and a Takamine acoustic for a couple of songs.

Little Steven on the other hand seemed to play a different guitar every song! There were a lot of Rickenbackers - even the mandolin he played was a Rickie - plus a Gretsch or two, a Vox Teardrop, and a couple of acoustic.

I didn’t recognise the other guitarist at first, but it was, of course, Nils Lofgren. He plays with an interesting technique, mostly using a thumb pick and also doing quite a bit of tapping on the fretboard. He played mostly his ‘61 Strat with the wooden pickguard, and a Jazzmaster.

All-in-all it was a great gig.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I was there too. Absolutely f**king awesome gig. I am a massive fan and this was my 5th Bruce gig, but my first one under a Met Office 'Yellow Warning' rainstorm - still don't feel like I've dried out fully!

I say this every time I see him, but that was the best I've ever seen him and the band. The set list was the best I've seen, and the energy and enthusiasm from a bunch of septuagenarians in such horrendous conditions was just incredible!
  • Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    JerkMoans said:
    Hmm.  Saw him in (?) 1988 in Sheffield, and 2008 at the Emirates...  Cracking stuff: hope you have a GREAT time :)
    I was there in Sheffield, can't remember much except they seemed to play for hours
  • LitterickLitterick Frets: 666
    I saw him in London for the River tour in 1981.
  • LitterickLitterick Frets: 666
    'His voice was hoarse and squeaky, after playing a rain-soaked, three-hour concert in Sunderland on Wednesday night.

But he said he never considered cancelling the show.

"We came out last night, and I was like, 'What is this weather? Driving rain, wind roaring"

"But standing in front of me, in the rain, I realised: These are my people.'

BBC

• You really get the idea of how hard the rain was when the stage lights come on about 1:20 into this video of them coming out to perform the first song ("Waiting On A Sunny Day", obvs!):

Then 2hrs 50mins later with the rain still bucketing down he was still going strong, including a little impromptu Gene Kelly/Singin In The Rain tribute...