Device to switch /select which amp to attenuator

FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2445
I've got a few valve heads that I run through a BOSS WAZA TAE; however, plugging and unplugging the speaker cables is a bit tiresome.

Is there an equivalent of THIS that I can get in the UK? My Google-Fu is lacking, so thought I'd ask the experts!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24737
    Radial Headbone?

2 Amp into the HB, then the HB into the Boss?

Will that do it?
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2445
    Should have added - ideally it would allow 4 amps into the TAE.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7641
    Whatever you get sure it’s a quality unit dedicated to switching high power amplifiers - need to make sure there’s no moment in the switching operation that there is no load - which is why the answer is usually Radial Headbone. 

Dunno about 4 though 
    Red ones are better. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72860
    If you don’t need to switch on the fly and it’s purely to avoid the faff of reaching around the back of the amps, a simple heavy-duty rotary switch in a box with five jacks will do the job. (Or even captive speaker cables, which would make it more reliable.) All you need to do is make sure any amp not being used is turned off or at least on standby before you switch.

However, there’s a catch which makes it more complicated - you need to use a two-pole switch so you switch both the hot and ground connections, and the grounds are all isolated from each other, otherwise there will be ground loops between the amps which could cause hum or stability problems.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein