SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/T: A brace of quirky Yamahas

What's Hot
guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4213
edited June 4 in Guitars £
Late-spring cleaning required.

Guitars:

I've got more kit than I'd like to have, and a few more on the way with planned builds, so I'm looking to sell any two or three of these:

• ~1973-1976 Yamaha SA-70, £750 posted.   A beautiful interpretation of the ES-x formula with Yamaha's stamp on it (literally).  This one includes the original hard-case and all-original electronics and hardware too. You don't see many of these about in the UK, and while I adore this design I have a couple of ES-types already and plan to begin make my own designs soon.  It's in incredible condition for a >50yo guitar, very little wear & tear indeed. I've currently got it strung & setup with some hefty 12s but I'll drop them down to whatever you fancy and sort out the setup etc. Bonus vid of this exact SA-60 here!

• 00s Yamaha SGV-300, £650 posted. Another out-of-the-ordinary Yamaha, but this time a reissue/update of an earlier 60s design. This is probably the coolest thing since the last Ice Age, and in my favourite colour too... no, I don't know why I'm selling it either! No case with this one, but as it's a bolt-on it's pretty easy to post with the neck removed.  The controls are volume, tone, and then a center-detented blend pot between the 'middle' and bridge pickups, so lots of switching options available. The trem is smoother than silk in use, and that mosrite-type bridge has roller saddles too. The only mod on this is a set of Guyker locking-tuners to help with overall stability and convenience.  Oh, it's a 24.75" scale too, which is neat on something like this.

SOLD:
  • SOLD - I'm also listing my Fender Troy van Leeuwen Jazzmaster, £900 posted. I've been going back & forth on this one though so no trades or offers on this one please - the price is the price.  Includes a set of locking Guyker 21:1 nickel tuners, Toltec 'Fat' JM90 bridge pickup, original parts, and OHSC. More pics here.
  • SOLD - Strymon Cloudburst £210 posted or would trade for a Line6 DL4 MkII - you know what this is. Boxed & otherwise as-new.
  • REMOVED Funny Little Boxes Skeleton Key - a low-gain op-amp based distortion/OD, with a very neat filter/EQ that gives it a pretty neat flavour. Fantastic addition to your toolbox for recording etc if you want a different vibe from the norm, and obviously it nails a lot of QOTSA/Homme tones too - particularly when run into a slightly driven amp. Boxed & otherwise as-new.     Removed - keeping this, it's fun and adds flavour to multitracking!
  • REMOVED2020 PRS Paul's Guitar w/OHSC Another feeler-type sale here, if It goes then it goes, but otherwise I'm happy for it to stay! This one's got a couple of marks that stop it being mint, but they're pretty invisible while being played. I've also swapped out the and plastics to black, but the originals will be included. 7lbs 4oz.   Delivery will be via Overland Express. Well, I can't bring myself to part with this one, those 408 pickups are very special indeed and I love how this guitar plays.
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8074
    price for the green yammy?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4213
    TheMarlin said:
    price for the green yammy?
    Oops! £650 posted
    Pre-holiday bump
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27827
     :o 

Those Yamahas didn't stick around for long!!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7235
    both those yamahas are glorious. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    TTony said:
     o 

Those Yamahas didn't stick around for long!!
    Impulsive-ADHD won again! I'll happily keep any/all of these to be fair, but this is a feeble attempt to downsize a bit grimace 
  • ShipwreckShipwreck Frets: 65
    Killer QOTSA bundle there with the TVL JM and Skeleton Key. Have a bump as I am no longer my responsibility-free 20-something self (who would've jumped at that!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 31
    Shipwreck said:
    Killer QOTSA bundle there with the TVL JM and Skeleton Key. Have a bump as I am no longer my responsibility-free 20-something self (who would've jumped at that!)
    Heh - I didn't even register that they should be a bundle!   Alright, Skeleton Key for £50 if you buy the TVL .  

Side-note: there's fringe links to QOTSA with the Yamaha's too - Josh Homme used the bass version of the SA-60 on the Sound City Studios track, 'Mantra' alongside Messrs Grohl & Reznor, and I believe that TVLh used the original run SGVs a few of times too during the 00s and 10s.
    Strymon Cloudburst sold (on Reverb)
    TVL sold pending payment, bump for the others :)
    Strangely enough someone managed to find a video of this exact SA-60 on YouTube earlier when it was still in Japan! It looks like it must have been imported in the last five years, which is neat :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVB1vS6XGZw
    Bump - PRS Paul's Guitar and the FLB Skeleton Key are removed, they're both too useful in my rig to part with. The Yamaha's are both up for grabs though.

Hit me with cash and/or trade offers -  AC15-type amps are very welcome, happy to add cash towards one too if you happen to have a Bad Cat Cub 15R or similar!