Wow.. Actor Jeff Daniels is not only a good singer but a very accomplished acoustic guitar player.

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6221
I've always admire his work, but to see he's such a talented musician is pretty darn impressive.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19251
    edited May 18
    He was very good, I'm surprised & a bit annoyed that I should be surprised.
    I'm unfamiliar with Kelly Clarkson, but I'm thinking maybe she must be Jeremy's daughter, as she comes across here as a vapid waste of airtime.
    I accept that I may be completely wrong about her. My ignorance.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23493
    edited May 18
    I was aware that he played and sang.  Not my kind of thing at all but he's clearly very good at it.

Kelly Clarkson is not (of course) related to good old '80s throwback Jezza.  She was the first winner of American Idol and has subsequently, in the public eye, been through a marriage and breakup, put on a lot of weight and lost it again... she seems alright to me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7594
    I love Jeff Daniels.  He's a very humble guy that never really seems to take himself seriously, but he is a tremendously talented actor and guitar player / song writer.  It's a pity he's so associated with Dumb and Dumber because, despite being excellent as the character he played, it belies his much broader acting talent and experience.  He is one of those kinds of people that can make people laugh one minute and then shed a tear the next through his songs or while speaking candidly and openly as he does.  In some ways he's a little like Steve Martin in that so many people are completely unaware that he is a seriously good banjo player, and they can both play the jester or act seriously equally well.  They both must surely know how good they are, but they always play their talents down.  Anyone with a Martin OM made with their name has to be good.  Despite being a tremendously talented actor and a wonderfully versatile guitar player, you don't see a Steven Seagal model by any guitar manufacturers ...... yet ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1611
    Saw this on another forum. 
    He's really good isn't he. Love his style. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10374
    He was very good, I'm surprised & a bit annoyed that I should be surprised.
    I'm unfamiliar with Kelly Clarkson, but I'm thinking maybe she must be Jeremy's daughter, as she comes across here as a vapid waste of airtime.
    I accept that I may be completely wrong about her. My ignorance.

I'd say you are. Seems like a perfectly nice woman to me.
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 786
    I've heard worse.

I'm struggling to think of what films he's been in...apart from d&d'er? 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72900
    Kurtis said:
    I've heard worse.

Arachnophobia. He has a nematode that attacks tarantulas named after him because of that!

He seems like a pretty good guitar player and singer.

Kelly Clarkson is a great singer - if probably a bit too mainstream commercial pop for most folks here - but I don't think she's a naturally great TV presenter and doesn't come across very well there.

She's had a rather varied album history, probably at the behest of record company management, and so perhaps doesn't seem to have much of a style of her own. Here's something she did a long time ago which is at the rockier end of her range...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23493
    Kurtis said:
    The ones that spring to mind, for me, are Something Wild, Arachnophobia and Speed.  More recently, he made a surprisingly excellent villain in the Western series Godless.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15721
    I recall him playing guitar at least once in The Newsroom, and I've seen footage of him performing self penned songs on youtube. A lot of what he writes is more comedy I guess you could say, which I guess fits with him being a comic.

And he was excellent in Godless.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6221
    One of my favourite Jeff Daniel's moments..

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"