London parking advice needed

What's Hot
jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12443
Off to London again next week, for three days, staying in Holland Park, probably using just Just Park, which is basically using someones parking space, driveway etc last time we stayed in St Johns Wood and parked in Neasden and jumped on the tube, which was dead easy. I'm still unsure of the layout of London so where would you guys recommend?
"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• topdog91topdog91 Frets: 364
    Not really clear what you're asking / what you need.
    Brian Moore MC1 / i9.13p, Chapman ML-2 / ML-3, Fender 1977 Strat Hardtail / Richie Kotzen Telecaster, Peavey Predator / T-60, PRS SE Akerfeldt / Akesson , Squier Classic Vibe 60s Strat, FSR Custom Tele x2, Simon & Patrick Folk Cedar
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12443
    Okay basically looking to avoid congestion zone and jump on tube
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11994
    It all depends which side you are travelling from. Depends where you want to go to in London for the day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    coming from Manchester, looking at Willesden near the tube, may have answered my own question!
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • topdog91topdog91 Frets: 364
    I still don't get it. You're in Holland Park, that's outside the congestion zone, you're welcome to jump on the Tube any time. Sorry, I am sure I could help but we're not on the same wavelength.
    Brian Moore MC1 / i9.13p, Chapman ML-2 / ML-3, Fender 1977 Strat Hardtail / Richie Kotzen Telecaster, Peavey Predator / T-60, PRS SE Akerfeldt / Akesson , Squier Classic Vibe 60s Strat, FSR Custom Tele x2, Simon & Patrick Folk Cedar
    topdog91 said:
    I still don't get it. You're in Holland Park, that's outside the congestion zone, you're welcome to jump on the Tube any time. Sorry, I am sure I could help but we're not on the same wavelength.
    Okay, I thought it was in the zone, parking is mad pricey there though so will park outside and tube it in.
    Thanks.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • NickLNickL Frets: 153
    Be a bit careful in Neasden if there's a match on at Wembley (e.g. playoff finals). The event parking zone extends quite a long way from the stadium.
  • idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1441
    edited May 22
    If you go a bit further out than Neasden and are prepared to walk a few hundred yards to a Tube or train station, there a still some leafy (i.e. pleasant) streets with uncontrolled parking where you could safely leave a car for a few days at no cost. Off the top of my head I know a few such streets in places like Woodford, Chingford (NE London) or Ruislip (W London).
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3155
    Croxley Green in Watford is on the metropolitan line, 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7837
    Ulez may apply depending on your vehicle
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 364
    Probably easier to take the train in. Just about everywhere is permit holders only in the the residential areas. Unless you are dragging a bunch of gear with you and you want to keep the convenience of having a car in which case find a local parking space and just pay it.  IMO it isn't really worth saving a few £ if you end up having to schlep bulky/heavy kit around on tubes.
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
    Cheers chaps, I'm booking a space on someone's drive.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16220
    If you go a bit further out than Neasden and are prepared to walk a few hundred yards to a Tube or train station, there a still some leafy (i.e. pleasant) streets with uncontrolled parking where you could safely leave a car for a few days at no cost. Off the top of my head I know a few such streets in places like Woodford, Chingford (NE London) or Ruislip (W London).
    So basically ,Herts, Essex or Middx .........not really London......and quite a long haul on the tube .
    Driveway  rental is a great idea ......you could probably get very central ....if it's weekend all the Lucky Sperm Club go 'orf to the Country ' ,Cotswolds or Salcomb to make a nuisance of themselves to the locals
    Placed booked in carpark at Willesden Sainsburys £13.50 for 3 days. That'll do me. I don't think any car thieves will be interested in a 15 yo Nissan Note. CCTV there though.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14629
    topdog91 said:
    Holland Park.
    parking is mad pricey there.
    Everything is expensive in Holland Park.

I suggest that you channel your inner Keith Moon by parking in Robbie Williams' swimming pool.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    Placed booked in carpark at Willesden Sainsburys £13.50 for 3 days. That'll do me. I don't think any car thieves will be interested in a 15 yo Nissan Note. CCTV there though.

Don't be so sure .......I hear that a Pimped Nissan Note is the fashionable new ride for the Harlesden Massive !
    Actually , that's quite a good location for Central and West,S.W. London access 
    Walked past Jimmy Page's place last night, that's a bit of a gaff.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    You actually walked past Robbie Williams place ........a bloke called Jimmy just happens to live next door
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19172
    Dominic said:
    You actually walked past Robbie Williams place ........a bloke called Jimmy just happens to live next door
    Historically inaccurate, Page has lived there for 50 years. Roughly as long the boy Williams has been alive & gurning.
    Dominic said:
    Yeah I know! And The Beckham's round the corner, saw em all on our little stroll. Next stop Dean Gaffney's Hampstead shag palace
    "OUR TOSSPOT"