Comments

• StefBStefB Frets: 2405
    edited May 20
    Looks good.

Shame they haven't utilised the cutaway heel though when all the other hardware points to its intent as a high performance guitar.

Seems to be very random which models Fender deploy that feature on, something that should be standard on anything other than vintage spec'd guitars IMO.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2015
    Looks like a Davey Murray sig.

I'm going to say my Fret King is better, with the Fluence setup and a Hiscox, but it doesn't have that sticker.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4346
    Hmm…I think it’s a bit of an odd spec actually. Vintage tuners, 9.5” radius and narrow frets detract from the otherwise hard rockin’ vibe for me. 

• JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 444
    Lewy said:
    Hmm…I think it’s a bit of an odd spec actually. Vintage tuners, 9.5” radius and narrow frets detract from the otherwise hard rockin’ vibe for me. 

Apparently Vintage "locking" tuners...
  • SvartmetallSvartmetall Frets: 732
    edited May 20
    Would've preferred a 6-screw vibrato (outside of full US-made Fenders which use higher-density steel, I think those have better tone) and a big CBS-style headstock, but still looks good. Also - really nitpicky, I know - open-coil humbuckers should have the rounded pickguard cutouts, not the squared-off ones for HBs with covers; the gap really bugs me, for some reason :)  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4346
    JCA2550 said:
    Lewy said:

Apparently Vintage "locking" tuners...
    Ah ok I actually think they’re pretty good. Would still prefer a flatter board and big frets….but then I guess that’s what Charvels are for.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23533
    edited May 20
    StefB said:
    Shame they haven't utilised the cutaway heel though when all the other hardware points to its intent as a high performance guitar.

Seems to be very random which models Fender deploy that feature on, something that should be standard on anything other than vintage spec'd guitars IMO.
    Agreed.  I don't know why they don't use the cutaway heel on a lot more guitars.  It definitely improves playing comfort and doesn't detract in any way from obtaining vintage-style performance and sounds.  Unless you simply don't like the look.

Speaking of not liking the look, I hate the rectangular scratchplate cutouts for the humbuckers.  Why couldn't they be curved to match the pickup shape, like most modern HSS/HSH Fenders?  This looks so early-'80s.