New phone contract time

What's Hot
RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12028
What do you guys recommend?

Currently on Three, my town don’t get much 5G signal, so mostly 4G coverage that I’m after.  Paying £20 a month for 100G currently.  

Smarty seems like the leading candidate so far, £8 for 50G of data, EU roaming too, monthly contract as well.

Are they good? Easy to sign up and leave if I don’t like it?  I already got the PAC code from Three (easy to do on the app).  Is Smarty as easy to do too if I don’t like it?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4215
    edited May 20
    I moved to Smarty a few months back, no complaints here. It’s a rolling monthly contract, so there’s very little risk in trying them.

p.s. Super easy to sign-up and port across with your PAC code too.

p.p.s. Here’s a referral code if you decide to go for them & want to use it: https://i.smarty.co.uk/KvI8rvx
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12028
    I moved to Smarty a few months back, no complaints here. It’s a rolling monthly contract, so there’s very little risk in trying them.

p.p.s. Here’s a referral code if you decide to go for them & want to use it: https://i.smarty.co.uk/KvI8rvx
    Can you get a PAC code on their app with a few clicks?
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19293
    Smarty 'piggyback' on Three's network, so if you are happy with Three's coverage & Smarty is better value, then you don't have a lot to lose by trying them.
  • idiotwindidiotwind Frets: 516

Text 'PAC' to 65075 and they'll send you a PAC in under 60 seconds. That's an Ofcom rule
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12028
    Smarty 'piggyback' on Three's network, so if you are happy with Three's coverage & Smarty is better value, then you don't have a lot to lose by trying them.
    I mean Three isn’t perfect but I’m happy enough with it.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2442
    I recently paid my device plan off with O2 so I could change to GiffGaff and reduce a £24 per month for 5GB (I know) to £8 per month for 6GB of data. Although O2 couldn't offer me a better deal over the phone, the bloke I spoke to directed me to USwitch. Turned out I could stay with O2 and get 15GB for £7.99 on a 12month sim only deal. Only took a few clicks to sort.

Anyway, it depends what you need, but there are similar deals with Three:

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3348
    I’m on Voxi which use Voda and have no complaints. Most of there options have unlimited socials, music and video which doesn’t eat into your data amount.
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1766
    Another Smarty user here - roughly 2 years zero complaints works great - saved a fortune

Wife is on Lyca - similar story.

There's basically zero in the way of customer support for these types of networks but so far not had any need to get support.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    idiotwind said:

Text 'PAC' to 65075 and they'll send you a PAC in under 60 seconds. That's an Ofcom rule
    This, there’s no need for it to be on an app but if it’s there too then that’s a plus I guess.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7688
    In case it's of use/interest : I've been with Sky for ages now - they have a neat thing where any data you don't use goes in your 'piggybank' and you can roll GB out of that pot to your contract if you run out in future months. You do it in the app and it takes a few secs. 

You can also share that piggybank across any other number son your account (I have my sons' phones on mine, at one point had my Dad too) 

You can also downgrade your package (or at least I was able to) if you think after a while you've opted for too big a one. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3373
    iD are brilliant. Never looked back after switching
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1228
    Smarty user here. I moved from O2 due to price and haven't regretted it. Was easy to sign up but can't comment on leaving or support as nothing has gone wrong. It's all just worked.
  • crosstownvampcrosstownvamp Frets: 326
    Unless you have problems - accessing their customer service was the nightmare from hell and they couldn't solve their problem. They kept sending me a new sim and deactivating my existing one  - with no warning - so I'd lose service till new sim arrived.
    They had no idea why it happened. 
    Lebara on the  same old phone is infinitely better and on a minor issue I even got to talk to a real person.
    FWIW I just got a spanking new Pixel 8 at £250 off from Voxi and then cancelled the package.

iDid - their coverage within central London was bloody apalling, and no roaming options (at reasonable rates) either.

Still, if neither of those things matter to you then yes, they were fine.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24780
    I’m on GiffGaff and it’s been great in most places.