NKD!

What's Hot
Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3115
New Kittens day!
(well actually yesterday)

Our Rogdoll, Ramen gave birth to 4 kittens yesterday. We had a very excited household and I couldn’t wait to get home from work to see them. Lucky for me the ‘icky part was over by the time I got home.

One kitten is smaller than the others and is struggling to feed a bit, so we’re a bit concerned. We contacted the vet but I think it’ll be ok. The two biggest kittens are pretty rowdy and seem to be constantly scrapping each other. Mother is doing brilliantly.

Cute overload.

0reaction image LOL 17reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27608
    Amazing! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1199
    happy NKD!
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19293
    Glad Mother & kits are all well  :3
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4366
    Wow. She’s absolutely beautiful. 

Good luck with the littl’uns. 

Happy belated NKD! 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 928
    Amazing! More photos please!
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3115
    Amazing! More photos please!
    There you go.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I’ll post up some more pictures in a few days when they’ve grown a bit. Thanks for the good wishes.
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5062
    Beautiful Mama and cute kit-tens! Hopefully the little kitteh will barge his way to the milk bar for a bit and get stronger.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16914
    edited May 22

One kitten is smaller than the others and is struggling to feed a bit, so we’re a bit concerned. We contacted the vet but I think it’ll be ok. 

Do you know who the dad is?

Cats can apparently have more than one pregnancy on the go at the same time, which sometimes explains a size difference.

Keep an eye on it.  Sometimes the runts need manual intervention.  I'd start weighing twice a day and intervene if you get no gain.   

This should be the only handling of the kittens for the first week.  Let mum do her thing.  Things get really fun around 4 weeks
    WezV said:

One kitten is smaller than the others and is struggling to feed a bit, so we’re a bit concerned. We contacted the vet but I think it’ll be ok. 

Do you know who the dad is?

Cats can apparently have more than one pregnancy on the go at the same time, which sometimes explains a size difference.

Keep an eye on it.  Sometimes the runts need manual intervention.  I'd start weighing twice a day and intervene if you get no gain.   

This should be the only handling of the kittens for the first week.  Let mum do her thing.  Things get really fun around 4 weeks
    Yeah we know the Daddy. Handsome chap he is.

We are weighing the kittens and the little one is putting on weight. Mrs Fred and my daughter have hand fed her a couple of times which is helping.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7651
    edited May 22
    Wow, that really is a beautiful cat and it's a great photo of her.  I love cats but I can understand why some people don't like them.  There's something about the way a cat can apparently stare right through you that can make you feel a bit uneasy even when you like them as much. Those eyes are amazing.  You have to wonder what they are thinking as they stare at you so intently.  I miss my cats.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    BillDL said:
    Wow, that really is a beautiful cat and it's a great photo of her.  I love cats but I can understand why some people don't like them.  There's something about the way a cat can apparently stare right through you that can make you feel a bit uneasy even when you like them as much. Those eyes are amazing.  You have to wonder what they are thinking as they stare at you so intently.  I miss my cats.
    I was always a dog person really until we got Ramen. I never actively disliked cats but I wasn’t drawn to them either. Oddly enough cats always seemed to like me though. Anyway I fell in love and became a fan as soon as we got Ramen.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24780
    Are they indoor cats?

With such handsome moggies I'd be worried about someone trying to pinch them.

The cats I've had have all been your average moggie rather than any breed that might entice the scallies.
    Are they indoor cats?

With such handsome moggies I'd be worried about someone trying to pinch them.

The cats I've had have all been your average moggie rather than any breed that might entice the scallies.
    Yep, they’re indoor cats. I sometimes feel bad about that but she seems perfectly happy so I suppose it’s ok. 
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11702
    tFB Trader
    Beautiful seal-point colouring

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

Growing up fast is tiring. Time for a catnap.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1517
    Squeeeeee!
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong