Does anyone have one of these? (Harley Benton 2x12 with V30s)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2384
    Hertz32 said:
    I have the non-v30 one. Looking to save up for a harley benton 412 with V30's in the future. Very well made for the money, but thomanns speakers are on the middy side. V30's would be better I reckon. Buy one ;) just make sure it has v30's is my advice.
    V30s are very middy as well. But yeah they're a lot better than the HB speakers.
    Anyone tried a Jet City head with the HB 2x12, with one of the V30s swapped for a Greenback or G12H? Would that give you more of an early 70's vibe?
    I'm pretty clueless about speakers, to be honest!
    I think I probably did. Problem is I forget. I made a bunch of notes with my thoughts (so I didn't have to remember), and then promptly lost them.

My only concern is that my jet city was pretty picky on speakers. (Admittedly I'm just running the stock tubes, which might not be helping, I've heard people say better tubes help.) I tried some speaker combos which should've worked on paper but which there was something I didn't like in the tone.

That being said my heritage g12h30s (the 55hz ones) sounded really good with it. They're crazy dear, though (I just got lucky on a deal on the laney lionheart cab with them in it already).

I haven't tried the creamback versions of the g12h30 or g12m, but what ICBM's saying about the wattage handling is sound advice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for the replies. It's much appreciated.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom