Small footprint FX setup - should I go zoom or similar?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Kebabkid;38477" said:
    As you're leaning toward the Zoom Multistomp - good pedal, owned one for a few months and was sold as surplus to requirements -  I've just seen that Korg have a brought out a Pandora Stomp and it looks more or less the size as their Pitchblack tuners. It can do all sorts but I don't know what the quality of the sounds are like or if it's easy to use.
    only seen a piccy of the Pandora stomp but noticed it makes play of having a clear tuner read out.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    I've not had much spare time this week, but the G3 arrived on Tuesday, and yesterday at a band rehearsal, I was able to give it a bit of a trial - couldn't do much except scan through some of the pre-sets, but enough to tell me this is going to be a fabulous unit for me. Had some really excellent clean jazz fusion-y kinds of sounds going, and my Polytone amp is very warm sounding - I think it may have helped to give a natural feel to the patches. The other band members were impressed. It's great anyway!, totally love it, and cheers again to you lovely forum people for pointing towards the right choice. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    @megii pleased that we could help. I've never been a multi f/x bloke until i bought @photek s old G3, and i love it. With out much effort i've made a very Pink Floydesque patch, a mid-gain rock patch and a high gain patch.
    I find starting with the right amp sim helps.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17632
    tFB Trader
    Megii said:
    I've not had much spare time this week, but the G3 arrived on Tuesday, and yesterday at a band rehearsal, I was able to give it a bit of a trial - couldn't do much except scan through some of the pre-sets, but enough to tell me this is going to be a fabulous unit for me. Had some really excellent clean jazz fusion-y kinds of sounds going, and my Polytone amp is very warm sounding - I think it may have helped to give a natural feel to the patches. The other band members were impressed. It's great anyway!, totally love it, and cheers again to you lovely forum people for pointing towards the right choice. :)
    Yay, glad you like it :D

Megii said:
    Yay, glad you like it :D
    I don't just like it, I love it to bits lol. Only later did I find out I'd been running the version 1 firmware, with only 3 effects at a time, and I still thought it was ace. A couple of days ago I upgraded everything - software on my computer and firmware on the unit - to the latest versions (a slightly nerve-wracking process, but I coped  :D  ) and now I'm totally amazed by what £120 can get you these days. Have got another band rehearsal coming up on Wednesday, so planning to get a few of my own patches ready and fine-tuned before then. :)
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    So how do you find the actual working of the unit? IE: the footswitching around. It looks like a real pain to switch banks, for instance.
    Drew_fx said:
    So how do you find the actual working of the unit? IE: the footswitching around. It looks like a real pain to switch banks, for instance.
    I've not really had it long enough to know if that's going to be an issue. To be fair I guess it could well be a bit of a pain, but I don't think I'm the sort of player who will need to make a lot of changes during a song - probably I'll have a couple of key sounds, and maybe just a few others that I use sometimes - I imagine I'll be able to have them all stored on the same 10 patch  bank in fact.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom