Redplate CDS2 fx loop help needed

BarneyBarney Frets: 616
Iv set up a line 6 M13 in the fx loop of my redplate and it seems the more volume i add on the master vol of the amp the more volume of fx i get.... so its awkward for different size rooms to set a fx level because the amp volume is altered ..? ..any help or ways round this appreciated
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1644

Do you mean the effected signal gets PROPORTIONATELY louder than the "dry"?

By definition a master volume control just makes everything louder!

Dave.

• I have a CDS2 but not a multi fx unit, I use individual stomp boxes.  Delays/reverb through the loop.  So I've not come across this issue.  The M13 does look quite complex to me and it does seem (at first glance) that there might be more than one way of configuring this unit.  I see there is a forum at the Line 6 website so it might be worth posting your question there as well.  Sorry can't be more help.  Good luck with your quest tho'.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    ecc83;405134" said:
    Do you mean the effected signal gets PROPORTIONATELY louder than the "dry"? By definition a master volume control just makes everything louder!Dave.
    It seems as though just the fx get more ...for example i could have a reverb set to a nice mix but by increasing the master volume of the amp the reverb becomes overwhelming ...just far to much ...so it seems as though the master vol of the amp alters the fx mix
  • Just looked at the CDS2 manual.....it says 'the return jack interrupts the signal path so the external effects unit must mix the wet and dry signal'.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
    BluesyDave;405158" said:
    Just looked at the CDS2 manual.....it says 'the return jack interrupts the signal path so the external effects unit must mix the wet and dry signal'.
    Thanks ..yeah had the same problem with stand alone pedals as well...but with them it was a bit easier to control ...but it makes it so you cant get a setting and leave it ...i think i will try the line 6 website ...im sure there must be something :)

ecc83;405134" said:
    Do you mean the effected signal gets PROPORTIONATELY louder than the "dry"? By definition a master volume control just makes everything louder!Dave.
    Yeah ...the fx just seem uncontrolable ..but not louder just a lot more of the fx ...so iff i had nice setting for reverb mix at lower volume ..it would be far to much when the master of the amp was turned up ...
  • Ok. It is my understanding that the CDS2 actually has a 'loop' between the volumes, and the master volume.... This gives that 'bloom' sound which is so wonderful on the RPs.

As such, the effects loop is affected. In my experience, delays and verbs actually work well BEFORE the amp, but not so much in the effects loop.

• Oh, and ive just realised you were talking about a line 6 M13. Ive never found them to sit well in the loop of ANY amp... As ever, ymmv...
    Thanks Warren ....i just got a message from Redplate and they say its impossible for the master volume to affect the fx...ill Pm you what i got :)
  • The m13s buffer, pre amps or whatever.... Alway affected my amps. There were too many variables to get the sound levels right.... Interesting