Slash UYI era Marshall base sound

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    ...slightly missing the point of this thread,
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Personally I'd go with a Marshall sound and a set of his SD pickups (or someone's version of them). After that it's down to your hands, oh and a top hat of course.

Going to see him next month and can't wait to see him do the solo stuff more than the gnr greatest hits.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    again - just to be clear, I'm not looking to nail slash's tone, I'm looking for that blues rock tone that was used in the late 80's mid 90's, slash is just a good example of it.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    His pickups, not to sound like Slash, but they are quite brilliant pickups to get that sound, and a Marshall like sound.
  • darcym;406241" said:
    again - just to be clear, I'm not looking to nail slash's tone, I'm looking for that blues rock tone that was used in the late 80's mid 90's, slash is just a good example of it.
    Marshall, boss sd-1 and fat sounding humbucker guitar.

Bish bash bosh. :)
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    darcym;406241" said:
    Marshall, boss sd-1 and fat sounding humbucker guitar.

Bish bash bosh. :)

Been my formula for 25 years :).
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4307
    darcym said:
    The second answer is the AFD amp - but these are super rare now and people are paying for the AFD sound more than the 90's sound, still a good option, but hard to find.

A Jubille amp of some sort seems another good option and more available/realistic

http://www.ceriatone.com/productSubPages/AFD35_100W/AFD_100W_Complete.htm

http://www.ceriatone.com/productSubPages/2250/BS2550_Complete.htm

• fastboyfastboy Frets: 166
    I always thought the original jubilees sounded better then the slash heads (different transformers).

I'd personally avoid the Afd as they're way too toppy.

Ny favourite of all of then was the Jube 25/50 head. Run it in 25 watt mode and then with the master really cooking it's perfect for gig volume.
    I actually like the slash head as an amp, the AFD isn't what I am looking for, I'll need to prod around a bit more I think, still furious I didn't buy your amp