Removing Piezo 'Quack' live?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LewyLewy Frets: 4225
    p90fool said:
    I've used transducers on guitar soundboards a few times, from those cheap buzzers, proper guitar ones and most recently a K&K Definity System.

All of them, from two quid to £135 have the same nasty metallic ringing overtones and no usable headroom at all before feedback.

I even have the exact guitar that K&K use on their website, with the pickup fitted in the same place and it's totally unusable above living room volume and sounds so brash and vicious that I can't be arsed to try and notch out the crazy feedback and handling noise.

There is definitely something wrong there. I've seen numerous people play bluegrass festivals with K&Ks - usually with boomy dreads - with great sound and no feedback issues.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31604
    Maybe I'll try it again. I have the K&K preamp, which works very well with other guitars using an undersaddle pickup, but used with their own pickup on my Loar LH-300 it was a nightmare, and didn't sound good enough for me to persevere with curing my feedback problem.

If people on here have been happy with them though it sounds like it's worth another go.
    I always use a DI box too fwiw.

It's worth mentioning however that I'm often on the borderline of feedback with a conventional electro acoustic, we play rowdy gigs in small boozers with no stage normally.
  • http://jjb-electronics.com/
    Sound plate transducers. 70% cheaper than K&K. Sound just as good. Your guitar, but louder. I'll never feel the need to go hungry and buy LR Baggs or Fishman.
    Just woke the missus up with the autoplay music on their website.

It sounded nice to be fair.