Suhr Badger

John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
Thinking about trading my Dual Rec for a Suhr Badger. I know both amps have a similar value, and the Mesa isn't really getting used, but there's this niggle that the Badger is really overpriced for what it is, a single channel amp I can see where the money is in the mesa, three channels, switching relays, very complex circuit etc, but can't with the Badger. Are they really that good? Seen the demos, but Pete Thorm coud make anything sound great ;)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    edited November 2014
    I wasn't fussed by the badger, anyone who knows me know I like fender voiced amps.

I went to pick up an amp on Friday and the guy selling it was getting rid of it because he'd bought a badger. We chatted and he offered me a demo of it, and it was shockingly good, very versatile amp, big range of tones (not what I expected from that style of amp)  great response to guitar, it made me seriously consider buying one (spent about 3 hours playing with it), however I don't want that sort of amp, however if you want that voice the badger was jaw dropping, and thats from someone who doesn't like that style of amp.

really really impressive unit, I'll be keeping an eye on the hedgehog now seeing how good the badger was.
  • I have a Badger 30 with matching 1x12. Its an astonishingly good sounding amp to my ears. A great range of tones, and the Koko Boost in front of it essentially gives so many options, I don't want for anything when talking EL34 sounds.

Am keeping an eye on the Hedgehog and want to try a 35 again in comparison to the 30, just to see if the EL84 chime is present and noticeably different to my 30.

Where are you based John?
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Great feedback people, thanks. I'm in Leicester BTW.
  • Hmmmm, I was going to suggest that you could try mine out, but I'm in Surrey so that could make life a little difficult..!!
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Yes it might be ;). The guy I'm potentially trading with isn't too far away so we will do it face to face and get the opportunity to give it a good try first on paper, and going by the clips it's certainly more me than the mesa