Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Does anyone use the Line 6 Relay Wireless systems?

2»

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited November 2015
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ash96ash96 Frets: 61
    Grunfeld said:
    ??

A little update, i got it, used it for just over a year and i'm starting to have a load of problems with it. Its just cutting in and out, volume dropping, tonally changing. Sounds like a dodgy cable but its really annoying!
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    I had a cable fail on me last week. The mini xlr plug is very delicate, and it appears that the contacts had bent. I always carry spares, but it took me half a song to work out what was wrong, and swap the cable. The cables are difficult to make yourself because they are so small. I'm sure that Rob at KABL could make you up a few.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • moz91moz91 Frets: 38
    I find the cable to be the weak spot too! Could do with another one... I'm useful with a soldering iron but I imagine that being quite fiddly!
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2408
    I recently upgraded to the G70 - it's expensive, but it's one hell of a good piece of kit! Built in tuner, metal transmitter and receiver, lots of options etc. Really works well!
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    ash96 said:
    Grunfeld said:
    ??

Well, what happened was I posted a link then changed my mind!

Some upset and angry chap in the US has a review on YouTube of the Line 6 G30 which was very negative and focused a lot on the limitations of the battery door compartment.  I posted my usual, "stick a rubber band around it" and last week some fella replies, with the notion that I should post a video with that tip.  Which I did:

And after posting it above I changed my mind because I kind of felt that on this side of the pond we probably all knew how to stick a rubber band around something and don't need a video explaining the concept.

Sorry to hear that your unit is playing up though.  I wondered if I was tempting fate the instant I said, "This has done hundreds of gigs without any problems..." :)
    Haha, To be fair mines probably done around 140 gigs with no real problems, working day in day out. I'm going to try your elastic band trick as well as changing the cable (i've used a couple so don't think its really that unless i've got 2 broken ones!) and see if that fixes it!
  • @FarleyUK. Is the cost of upgrade to a G70 worthwhile? Which model did you previously use?
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2408
    @FarleyUK. Is the cost of upgrade to a G70 worthwhile? Which model did you previously use?
    I had the G30 - I don't use all the functions of the G70 (such as the tuner, multiple out routing etc.), so probably not really worth the price. However, battery life seems a lot better, and it's a lot sturdier.

Although at the gig on Saturday, when I went for my usual walk round the pub and outside during my solo, the band said it cut out briefly - don't think teh G30 did that!
  • I used the 50 for theatre tour last year, competing/sharing the stage with 4 wiresless microphones and another wireless guitar, worked flawlessly throughout, although when the battery dips below full (3 bars on the display) you have about 10mins to change it or it dies!
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • ... necro post...

Any recommendations for a replacement for the transmitter to guitar patch lead??
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    I made my own, but it's a fiddly job. Mini XLRs are a pain to work with. Normal cable won't fit, but I happened to have a few feet of GeorgeL. Would I do it again? No, I'd speak to Adam at Sound Cables http://www.designacable.com/live-stage-leads/wireless-system-leads/wireless-system-lead-for-line-6-g50-g90-shure-ld-rocket-ashdown-freebass.html
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 849
    Necro-bumping this, but was hoping for a simple answer to this hopefully simple question.

So, I'm out of pedalboard space, and fancy going for a wireless.  Has anyone got any experience of mounting a G30 underneath a pedaltrain?  Does the metal frame of the board mess with the signal at all?
  • kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1156
    edited August 2016
    I've done this before with a G30 using a pedaltrain Jr.

I cable tied the receiver underneath the board. It's quite a tight fit once you factor in the patch cable but it does fit and works like a charm. I never experienced any interference.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I have one underneath my pedaltrain PT-1 used a couple of bits of plastic stuck to the PT frame to hold it in place and never had any interference
    I just velcro'd mine underneath and its fine. You have to use a pretty low profile patch cable for it though. I use one of the 'pancake' ones.

• Any recommendations for a replacement for the transmitter to guitar patch lead?? 1/4 inch to 1/4 inch
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    I never hear of anyone here using or talking about the Shure GLXD16 wireless system. Is it too expensive for most peoples usage?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    My mates got one of the shure ones and says its great. We use the GLXD vocal Mics and we've had a few issues with it. Great while its working though!