Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Boss pedals - Japan versus the world

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    The Japanese one is more likely to stab you while your sleeping.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheCountTheCount Frets: 274
    Isn't the CE2b a japan CE2 with a blend knob? They go cheap
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1747

To add more confusion. I have an early 90's Taiwan DS-1 and a 2010 Taiwan DS-1.

They sound different for sure, the early 90's sounds so much better you wouldn't think it was the same pedal. I even got to the point where i posted a photograph of the circuit of it on here to see if it had been tampered with (it hadn't).

I've no idea why they sound different but they do. Probably something to do with a different batch of components from a diffferent year that when it's all mixed together in the soup gives a slightly different flavour.

• TheCount said:
    CE2B was made in Japan and Taiwan, as was the CE2. In theory there is no difference between a MIJ and MIT CE2, but some people will tell you they sound different. The CE2B has a very similar circuit to the CE2, but has a couple of component differences and the addition of a blend knob - it can be modded easily to CE2 spec, and is alot more versatile with the blend knob.

Re the DS1:

The design of the DS-1 has changed little throughout its lifetime but the opamp the circuit is based around has changed several times. From 1978, the DS-1 was using the Toshiba TA7136AP opamp. This remained unchanged for about 16 years but in 1994 it was replaced by the Rohm BA728N. In 2000 the opamp was again changed. This time the Mitsubishi M5223AL was used. The last change came 2006 when the New Japan Radio NJM2904L opamp was introduced.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • TheCount;412325" said:
    I think you're getting confused with budgies....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom