Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I didnt realise PRS did ugly...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    SRich said:

I'd lurvve a DGT like this.

Have a wow.

I tried one just like this last week end, I liked it too, but I preferred the Custom 24, perhaps it was the chunkier neck and the heavier strings fitted to the DGT that didn't suit me so well. I did like the way the custom played.

I'm beginning to warm to the look of the tamer flame topped PRSs. 

Then I tried a weight relieved LP, now that had 'authority' to my ears.     

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    Adam_MD said:
    Man up @ICBM your Prs standard has outlasted everything else which tells you how good it is. Just because the private stock is usually butt ugly/tasteless doesn't mean all the models are like that.

Every company has a dog ugly guitar or 2 in their catalogue. :D
    The problem is that PRS are the other way round!

It is true that it's outlasted everything I've owned (except my Martin 12-string) but that's at least partly because I stopped playing in a full band about seven years ago and have only rarely used electric guitars since. And when I have, it's always been my Rickenbacker.

Hmmm....

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Bucket said:
    I quite like that...

Tbh, I find the colour & figuring more offensive than the floyd.

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I'm no real fan of PRS looks, but that guitar in the OP looks great to me. It's nice to see something other than a Bigsby on a hollowbody and I bet it's fun to play with.

But, I also like this:
    So what do I know?

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    Right now I would happily swap my PRS for a Gretsch.

Although possibly not that one :).

I do like it quite a lot as well - and I'm very much attracted by that acoustic-electric thing - but a Duo-Jet would be more useful, I suspect.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    that joe fenton painted guitar is breathtaking, couldn't help but remind me of this though:

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1297
    It's not that bad actually.
    A real beauty compared to Petrucci's ebmm majesty ;)
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    KrisGee said:
    It's not that bad actually.
    A real beauty compared to Petrucci's ebmm majesty ;)
    that is a monstrosity, which is a shame as his other signatories jp6 etc have been pretty tasteful.

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com