SD hot rails.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Why not ask a winder if they can make you something? There's a few on here, Oil City, Mojo, Bulldog, Deacci, Hot Rod...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Loobs said:
    Cheers. Rio Grande do a Tele sized neck p90 too.
    Just remembered - I think The Creamery do one also, and also Cats Whiskers pickups - so a few to choose from if you wanted to go down that route.
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    edited November 2014
    Sorry, had missed it was for a tele, not strat - so yes, maybe the Rio Grande thingy could be good. I do have a tele with a normal tele-type neck pickup (alnico 3, wound to about 7.8K with 43 gauge wire IIRC) and actually find that to be a nice jazz pickup in it's own right. But I guess you're looking to get away from the more stock tele pickup type of thing.
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    I am, really. Thanks for all your help.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    edited November 2014 tFB Trader
    I've had a few rail pickups and they don't sound like full sized humbuckers. That's not to say they are bad they just aren't sampling as much of the string which is as much to do with it as having two coils IMO. 

Take someone like Andy Timmons, he uses rail type pickups on his strat type guitar, but they still sound essentially like strat pickups.

You might want to look into a DiMarzio Area T as they are more traditional, but still hum canceling. 

• NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder.