Mesa Boogie Stiletto Replacement Footswitch

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• unless the plate is acting as an earth - but there isn't an obvious connection to any of the lines and the jack is otherwise isolated.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72574
    edited November 2014
    No, there must be a not very visible ground trace! It simply would not work otherwise, since if both circuits were in series the amp could not detect which footswitch was closed, and there would be no need for a TRS jack anyway.

All other Mesa 2-button switches work like that. There are no diodes inside the switches and there's nowhere else for them to be.

Just because you appear not to be able to see a ground connection does not mean it's not there, it's probably not visible because that end of the board is not well lighted due to the shadow of the jack and so appears less translucent.

Mesa don't go in for clever sensing systems like Fender with their diode/LED circuit that works with a mono cable.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    edited November 2014
    Edit:  ICBM is right.

• CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    edited November 2014
    Having considered all things, I figured out (unsurprisingly) that ICBM had to be right, as there had to be a non-permanent connection to sleeve.

So here it is.

On reflection, it makes sense to have an extra circuit trace rather than a cv system, with several additional diodes and resistors, at a cost equalling that of a home mixing desk.

Kudos to @ICBM for standing by his story.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Nice detective work. :)

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72574
    camf said:

Nice detective work. :)
    "How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?" - Sherlock Holmes

:)

Don't credit me, it was that logic and nothing more!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• But I still forgot to check which way round the diodes were.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom