A lot of decent amps on show last night...

What's Hot
digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26734
Played a gig at The Haygate in Telford last night - highly recommended. The stage and PA aren't exactly up to much, but it's a proper rock pub with an audience who just turn up for good live music. Rare these days.

Anyway, even rarer is the fact that there were an awful lot of good amps on stage. There were a couple of Marshall MGs, but apart from that...

Blackstar HT-100
Blackstar Series 1 200
2 x Orange OR100
Bogner Shiva 20th Anniversary
Soldano Decatone (obviously)

Not often you see that kind of lineup. They all sounded great, too.

Of course, it wouldn't be the same without a bit of drama - the Bogner died half way through their set (pretty sudden, so I suspect a fuse). Everyone rallied round, got a load of cables and spare amps and had him up and running within a couple of minutes to finish the song; it was quite nice to see :)
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Were there any particular standouts or surprises?
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Played a gig at The Haygate in Telford last night - highly recommended. The stage and PA aren't exactly up to much, but it's a proper rock pub with an audience who just turn up for good live music. Rare these days.

Anyway, even rarer is the fact that there were an awful lot of good amps on stage. There were a couple of Marshall MGs, but apart from that...

Blackstar HT-100
    Blackstar Series 1 200
    2 x Orange OR100
    Bogner Shiva 20th Anniversary
    Soldano Decatone (obviously)

Not often you see that kind of lineup. They all sounded great, too.

Of course, it wouldn't be the same without a bit of drama - the Bogner died half way through their set (pretty sudden, so I suspect a fuse). Everyone rallied round, got a load of cables and spare amps and had him up and running within a couple of minutes to finish the song; it was quite nice to see :)

Every bogner amp I've ever known of has broken down at some point, I certainly wouldn't trust one for live work.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Were there any particular standouts or surprises?
    In terms of the amps? No, they all sounded exactly as you'd expect them to. The Blackstars were high-gain-Marshall-y, the Oranges were darker, the Bogner was silent and mine had the Soldano zing.

timmysoft said:

Every bogner amp I've ever known of has broken down at some point, I certainly wouldn't trust one for live work.
    He'd apparently been saying for a while that it needed a revalve...given the suddenness of its death, it's most likely a dodgy valve that just decided it'd had enough and took a fuse with it for good measure.
    <space for hire>
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    edited November 2014
    Drew_fx;421318" said:
    Hmmm, a Blackstar, Laney, Orange, Soldano and Crate.....

:D
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    You talking about the bass amp? It's a Gallien Krueger mate, and it was FAT!
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7837
    I think he meant the Crate underneath the Blackstar.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    *dohhhh*