Recommend me some single channel clean goodness and a pedal.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBM said:
    Deijavoo said:
    I'm faaaaar from professional sir. Just listened back to some of the tracking from Sunday and I'm absolutely happy with the sounds. Is there no way that I can mod the amp to change properly, instantly with no dip?
    I spent ages trying to get my friend's Rectoverb to do that - without also making a pop at the change - and I couldn't do it, there was no time-constant setting which completely muted the pop before it didn't cause a dip in volume. I think I did get it a bit better, but in the end he had to learn to live with it.

I'm not sure if the current model is the same as the previous 3-channel version which I have a schematic for, but if so there is a 1uF cap in the mute circuit which should control the time constant - a smaller value will make it faster.
    Could't you use a resistor in parallel with the relay, switch chan1 off first, then chan 2 on and use the resistor as a sound buffer?  It would practically come out of the circuit once the relay was active.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Drew_fx said:
    I've got an old nail of a clean amp if you want it cheap? Carlsbro PA head.
    Mate of mine uses a solid state head and a PA head as his rig. Sounds great actually......
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Oh well, my chase of a single channel and dirt pedals has resulted in a straight trade for a 4 channel efficient German beast this Monday coming.

Do I get a Columbus or the straight switch?

The Columbus could control my 3 Strymons for me I guess but I'd need a seriously bigger board.
  • A well thought out effects board straight into a big old single channel design (like a Super bass). Versatile and as loud as your ever likely to need. 
  • Gassage said:
    Deijavoo

You know what I'm gonna say here- a Hiwatt is the only way.

There's a lovely 1 x 12 Biacrown in Chandlers right now.....I think it's £200 over the odds tho.

The other thing is a UL Fender SF Twin....esp if you find one with orange back JBL's.

But you will miss the flexibility of your Boogie....

I have to agree with the man. If you want proper sparkly cleans hiwatt is the way to go. 
    I would recommend the SA212, its awesome. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.