Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Master- at work.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    blueskunk;425831" said:
    What would be cool if md Phillips could post here without the daftness

I think there's a lot of folk (lex luthiors) who will probably feel a little bad that this guy took a lot of stick due to his techniques.

I think it was less his techniques and more his claiming luthiers were doing everything wrong were something of an issue.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I think it was more a point that he invited here then rounded on by the invitee.

If someone did that to me, I'd be a lot less tolerant if someone did that to me.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    edited November 2014
    The thing is that his wide neck conversions are a good idea, and he has a point about building them down to a budget. Personally I wouldn't let him so much as breathe on my guitars, but he's made at least some people happy. I'm never going to be a customer of his though. Never ever.

That said, I'm less enamoured with his pup swaps and nuts that look like they were done with a knife and fork. That one that was linked earlier looks like it belongs in a Massey-Ferguson gearbox.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom