Can any amp tech offer Bill m mods here in the U.K.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72403
    markj said:
    Would it be better to change the pre amp valves or the power amp valves. The amp is only a practise amp, just want to improve it if possible.
    If you want to take off some of the top-end, preamp valves first. Try some Sovteks, they're usually quite dull-sounding.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markj said:
    Would it be better to change the pre amp valves or the power amp valves. The amp is only a practise amp, just want to improve it if possible.
    If you want to take off some of the top-end, preamp valves first. Try some Sovteks, they're usually quite dull-sounding.

Sorry for the clumsy fingered lol! They seem to all come with groove tube branded sovteks at the moment which I've found to be very inconsistent. I've found the Watford valves branded Harma diamond ecc83 pretty good when used in my bandmaster, but not tried them in BJ yet.
    The Swamp City Shakers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Edit that, we're trying to loose top end aren't we, Harma's won't do that.
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    V30 in a Blues junior sounds pretty good. Like @jpfamps said, worth 'fixing' it so it's set for 240v (simple DIY mod, no tools required), might also be worth doing BillM's 'tonestack' mod - again, dead easy, just a jumper on a pot, and might make it easier to dial in. I wouldn't spend more money on it though - if it's not doing it for you now it never will.