Jack Rabbit, Tremolessence & Diamond Tremelo - anyone compared?

BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
Looking at getting a decent trem, has anyone compared the above and can offer any insight on useability/ sound?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FazerFazer Frets: 467
    not had the jack
    diamond - tap tempo, mono, 4 trems in one really with the wonky triangle/sine/soft square and chop + random, other options like kill switch and momentary, sound is very good it thickens it a bit with a slight bass boost and treble cut.
    tremolessence - mono/stereo, triangle all the way to ramp up/down, square, treble control, the sound is spot on perfect, sounds very good all the way up to the very high speeds, sounds awesome in stereo.

between those 2 if you're mono on;y then i'd say the diamond covers a greater range and variety, if you want the stereo option then the tremolessence is perfect.

at the moment i use both with the diamond as the mono and then into the tremolessence set to stereo
  • @beexter I've owned all 3, and I'd say that the Diamond is the best of the 3 here, imho...

- The Jack Rabbit was very digital to my ears, and I flipped it straight away.
    - The Diamond is more versatile and closer to the 'organic' trem I prefer...
    - Dr Scientist = more digital, fun and versatile than the Jack Rabbit

You have identify WHICH trem sound you are after; vintage tones for me, so the best are;

- Demeter Tremulator
    - Fulltone Supa Trem

Of course, KING of the tremolos is the Goatkeeper...

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1297

The Jack Rabbit is the only Suhr thing I think is poor.

It sounds like a cheap digital pedal, I went through about 20 different trems this year, my criteria was a subtle warble, to use with amps that didn't have a nice onboard valve trem, the Jack Rabbit was the worst for this by far.

If you want digital stutter effects it would be great, if you want realistic shimmer, it fails.

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Diamond is warm organic and does lots of sounds very well pricey but worth it. Import one and save a few quid.
  • I only own a Tremolessence and haven't played the others, but it's a lot of fun.

I really liked the Mini Moogerfooger Trem when I was tryin them out, definitely worth a look.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    darcym said:

The Jack Rabbit is the only Suhr thing I think is poor.

It sounds like a cheap digital pedal, I went through about 20 different trems this year, my criteria was a subtle warble, to use with amps that didn't have a nice onboard valve trem, the Jack Rabbit was the worst for this by far.

If you want digital stutter effects it would be great, if you want realistic shimmer, it fails.

. What stayed?
  • The Fulltone Supatrem is the mos vintage trem pedal I've experienced. Diamond trem gives you more options but isn't quite as good as the Fulltone. On a budget look for EA tremolo pedals. Very very good indeed.