School me on the PRS SE Custom 24

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Thought about looking for a second hand Eggle Berlin? They do vary a bit in quality, but I have a 92 Berlin Pro that meant I only kept my CU 22for a short while as reckoned the Berlin did much the same thing but better
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    benvall said:

The guy said "try this S2". It retails at £1249. 
    You can get a proper USA Custom for that second hand - probably in near-perfect condition. Or a Standard or CE for less, in any combination of 22 or 24 fret, neck sizes, trem or stoptail, etc.

Seriously, don't waste your money buying a lesser model new.

Guitar Guitar are not exactly renowned for bargain prices either...
    @ICBM Thanks for your replies. I've never bought a brand new guitar. I buy them to play. I think if i bought a new one I'd just keep it in its case for home use in case it got damaged. I've a 97 les paul, same as the one photek is selling, but it has battle scars from gigging with it for the past 7 years. I've noted your other comments regarding PRS owners like them in mint condition not sure i could do that.

So far the PRS route has left me a bit disappointed. The other think is the money I did have has now gone on a G System. Oh well
  • Who'd you recommend over guitarguitar?
    So you guys don't recommend the PRS SE 24 as a backup guitar?
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11879
    There are Peach Guitar, PMT, Andertons, Guitar Village.

As for back up guitar, depends on your budget.
  • Just to provide some balance to the views above I'd like to say that I really liked the SE customs I've played, but only the newer bevelled top ones. I haven't played a dud yet.
    The fret work has been spot on and the action would get where I wanted it very easily. The nuts and the pickups need looking at eventually but I think their great guitars, best to go secondhand as new prices do seem high when you compare them to say mex fenders but they are priced around the same now as other Korean guitars like schecter and esp, in fact I heard their all made in the same factory but I don't know if that's true.
    I've owned USA PRS and yes they are in a different league but the SE's are still very playable instruments.
  • Main concern is tuning stability post whammy-bar use...
    On an Andertons video the stability was not very good..?
  • thomasross20;359459" said:
    Main concern is tuning stability post whammy-bar use...

On an Andertons video the stability was not very good..?
    Just a set up issue. It's still a string anchored at two point and one end is on springs - faults usually occur at the nut.