Mesa Rectoverb 25 1x12 combo: Opinions

iain_psbiain_psb Frets: 79
Hi all,

does anyone own one? Played one? Any thoughts? Good? Bad? Ok?

Any opinions appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Iain
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Funnily enough (given your line of work) I was at a wedding last night where the groom and his mate got up and played a couple of songs and one of them was using a mini rectifier into the matching Boogie 1x12 cab. I dunno if that's kind of the same as a Mini Rectoverb (without the 'Verb obv) ?

If it is then yeah, it sounded alright on the drive sound he was using, wasn't amazing and certainly not markedly better than the DSL40 the groom was using.

Although I would temper that by pointing out that they were playing verrrry quietly so possibly not the truest indication of the tones available
  • Cheers DrBob. I have concerns about it but I think the only way I'll truely know is if I go and play one.

Thinking of heading to PMT in Bristol as that's the part of the country I'm calling home this week.

I also have the chance of a lonestar special 1x12 for a very low price but my concern around that is its almost twice the weight!

It seems there's no happy medium between sound and weight available! Or if there is and I just don't know please someone tell me!