Selmer SS30 - any idea of value?

What's Hot
robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
Not sure if this is the right place for the query but I have a Selmer 30SS that I want to sell. It is solid state (hence the name) with two 10'' 'blackback' Celestions.

It seems to be dated late 60's/early 70's (although there is a lack of consistency of information). In good nick but missing a handle - easily remedied.

So, with Xmas approaching and the need for cash growing, it has to go. But before I stick it in the classifieds or on Gumtree, can anyone advise on value? They seem to be advertised on fleabay for £200 but that doesn't mean they are selling (and none in 'completed listings').

Cheers

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    Tbh, they aren't very desireable I'm afraid. They're not a bad sounding SS amp from the period but again not a great one either - the same ones have been coming up for sale on eBay for some time.

I'd suggest halving the £200 price if you want to sell it - and really the speakers are probably worth more than the amp.

Sorry to sound negative, bud. :-(
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks Impmann - I thought £200 was ambitious!

Think I'll stick it up on here for £125 and see what happens.

Cheers

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72404
    I'm not sure. Just because they don't appear to sell at £200 very often doesn't mean a nice one might not be worth that to someone who is actually interested in things like this. Although that said, I do like old solid-state amps and I'm not in the market for one either… surely it must be worth more than £100 to someone though.

Interesting that a lot of the descriptions say 2x12", but all the pics I've been able to find show 10"s. The 10s are less valuable than 12s, although they do sound good as well.

There's a shop trying to get £850 for one :D.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• £850! I thought £200 was ambitious!

The speakers are 10's and it does sound good to my ears. To be honest, with Christmas coming, I'd be happy with something around the £125 mark so I'll give that a go. 

Now where is my camera ........