Help / inspiration needed to move forward with my playing....

What's Hot
LordOxygenLordOxygen Frets: 319
edited November 2014 in Technique
Not sure where to post this, I hope I've picked the right section....

So, I had lessons as a young teenager, got quite good and then more or less stopped playing for the best part of 20 years. 
For the last month (on the back of getting my new guitar) I've been playing daily, scales, cords, concentrating on smooth changes, and it's coming back. The problem is I'm playing the same stuff I did 20 years ago, (enter sandman intro, simplified version of Wind cries Mary, pentatonic scales etc). 

Over the last week I've learnt to play this (only because I thought it sounded nice) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9dAyYFjq-M plus the other 2 progressions in the series, I've got them sorted now. 

Problem is I'm not sure what to learn next to keep progressing?  (I can't have 1-2-1 lessons due to work hours, but do have time to play more or less daily for a good 30 mins)

If you know of any tuition videos / nice blues chord progressions / metal rifs etc suitable for someone between a beginner and intermediate please let me know.  I really need to get out of the rut of playing the same things, any advice would be very welcome.

Thank you very much
Graham 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments