£2,950.00, is this a reasonable price for a 4x12?!

What's Hot
Please can someone explain how a 4x12, with no discernible history, is worth a starting bid at the thick end of £3k? I'm in the market for a 4x12, but I don't really want to fork out £2950 for one.

Still, good luck if he gets the cash?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    Lol! World loves a trier. Clearly he has no real idea of the worth of what he has there!
  • The decimal point is one (or even two!) places to the right of where it needs to be.
  • Brilliant. 25watt, 160 hmmmmmmmmm indeed
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24334
    It's a great price to stop it selling. So I reckon he's been ordered by the wife to off-load and he doesn't want to!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • It's a genuine arshall.
  • The seller really puts the ars into arshall. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    I add that cab to my watch list every time he lists it. 

He started listing it maybe 18 months ago at £1200 starting bid. Since then it's been listed easily over a dozen times and each time the price goes up, to the point now where I am seriously worried about the guys mental health.

In my opinion, the top price for that cab with the blackback G12M's is £400. But I wouldn't pay that for it. You can get cabs like that all day for the £300 mark. 

Rob.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72404
    I sold one from that era a couple of years ago - a year older, in much better condition, with the more desirable checker grille cloth (admittedly replaced, but properly done with reissue Marshall stuff) and the more valuable 55Hz G12H-30s. And with the original wiring too.

I got £400 for it... eventually, and I had to take a small cab in PX for nearly half of that as well.

Really old Marshall cabs in good original condition and with the right speakers can be worth a fair bit, but I think you'd have to go back to the mid 60s to find one worth three grand, and maybe not even then.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Well you guys have made my mind up for me: I'm not bidding.

Should I make an offer?
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    If it has £2600 in cash stuffed in the back of it. Otherwise no.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    ICBM said:
    I sold one from that era a couple of years ago - a year older, in much better condition, with the more desirable checker grille cloth (admittedly replaced, but properly done with reissue Marshall stuff) and the more valuable 55Hz G12H-30s. And with the original wiring too.

I got £400 for it... eventually, and I had to take a small cab in PX for nearly half of that as well.

Really old Marshall cabs in good original condition and with the right speakers can be worth a fair bit, but I think you'd have to go back to the mid 60s to find one worth three grand, and maybe not even then.
    Mint (that is mint, not nearly mint) pinstripe grill cloth cab may stretch to £3k with the wind behind it.
  • I've got it now - we're very happy :))