Cubase Pro 8 released

Lots of new features .. I so want a console like that .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• As normal, I want it. As normal I won't buy it. 

My last cubase product was SX3, it was fantastic, now dropped off the upgrade path I see. I actually haven't needed any of the new features since SX3, even that does more things than I could possibly learn to master, after my XP laptop broke I went to reaper and that does more than enough at a fraction of the cost.

Still it does look good. so long as it actually works...

• BodBod Frets: 1332
    Yeah, looks good, but I jumped ship after 4.  I started to resent paying to upgrade just to fix bugs.  I'm on Reaper now, but I do miss how Rewire worked in Cubase...
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    edited December 2014
    I've just downloaded it .. it looks good. I nearly jumped ship but Yamaha took Steinberg over and boy it shows. With some investment and access to Yamaha tech the quality and innovation has been amazing in such a short time. The clunky look and feel has gone, the workflow has improved and you can now layout the workspace as you want it and not as Steinberg decided it should look with Windows that couldn't be resized. The bug count is at an at an all time low - a far cry from the days of the Amazon sized bugfest that Steinberg used to release.

@Teetonetal I had SX3 ... shows how long I've stuck with Steinberg. You may want to checkout Cubase Artist .. it's a cutdown version of the full system but it actually does a lot. If I were starting again that's what I'd buy.

• Have they fixed the mixdown issue, I abandoned cubase at SX1 or 2ish because the mixdowns sounded nothing like what you heard while mixing.

No such issues with the mighty reaper
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Have they fixed the mixdown issue, I abandoned cubase at SX1 or 2ish because the mixdowns sounded nothing like what you heard while mixing.

@PolarityMan .. mixing is now really powerful .. I only use a fraction of the features. If you're happy with Reaper then stick with it - most modern DAWs are decent products. The steep learning curve involved in getting to grips with a different product probably isn't worth it.

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10506

I started on Cubase when it didn't handle audio, only midi. Then jumped ship to Samplitude, then Protools. I also use Reaper and I think any non commercial DAW is gonna have a hard time competing with Reaper as it offers pretty much everything you need for next till nothing. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • I did briefly try protools i even bought an maudio card jsut to get pro tools mpowered but cant stand the midi editor. Since i demo stuff up with VST drums this was a total non starter for me so i dont think i ever got to the powerful audio manipulation features and workflow

Im pretty happy with reaper though.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ

• Have they fixed the mixdown issue, I abandoned cubase at SX1 or 2ish because the mixdowns sounded nothing like what you heard while mixing.

I actually loved the sound in Cubase Studio 4, but I agree. I would spend all day on a mix and mixdown to something not even close.   I moved over to Logic, and although I have looked at Cubase periodically, I'd need some big incentive to move back.  Shame, because some of the workflows and sounds were phenomenal.

Just gone back to it for nostalgic reasons and it tells me my syncrosoft dongle won't work as my hardware has changed (true) then it ran anyway.