Danelectro Black Paisley High Pitch Squeal

What's Hot
Just picked up a Danelectro Black Paisley Liquid Metal pedal fairly cheap and works lovely and what a great sounding pedal.

However, it is working absolutely perfect on batteries but when I plug in a 9v power supply, as soon as the pedal is engaged there is a monstrosity of a high pitch squeal noise which whilst playing stops but the second you stop strumming it's there.

It's not a great deal of an issue for me as ill just stick to batteries but it is still a pain if I choose to use my power supply.

Any ideas as to what this may be? Crappy power supply? (9v cheapy off eBay centre neg). Something I can do in the pedal to sort it maybe?

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72501
    Almost certainly a crappy switch-mode power supply. The power supply jack just interrupts the battery feed so nothing else changes in the pedal.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That's what I thought, cheers for the confirmation.
    The only other pedal this power supply done it on was my Red Llama clone which I just added a 47pf cap and it stopped it.
    Time for a proper power supply methinks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom