SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

TRADED: Fender Strat - AVRI '57

What's Hot
ElwoodElwood Frets: 454
edited December 2014 in Guitars £
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage ReIssue '57 from 1996.

I've got a recent acquisition here that i'd be interesting in trading. It's a lovely guitar & i'd like to trade for something classic with a shorter scale length and at least 1 humbucker. 

Fender Stratocaster AVRI '57
 - Neck - 7.25" with vintage frets. Tinted nitro finish with vintage tuners
 - Body - Standard fender body with Candy Apple red nitro finish. Single ply 8 hole pickguard, SSS with standard setup and 6 point vintage    trem.

Condition - Used. It has chips, dings and scratches in the nitro around the edges with a couple on the fretboard. While this is natural wear it's not a picturesque as a relic job. I've highlighted most of them in the photos but please note that it's use generally a used guitar. There is some light checking to the finish on the headstock and enough use that the neck is comfortable and worn in.

This one comes from the 1996 range when the AVRI were not as accurate as later models (introduced from 1998). As a purist guitar this is not perfect but for someone looking for the vintage feel or pretending to be David Guilmour it might be right up your street; without the hefty price tag. The guitar has a surprisingly good and low action given what i've read about this radius - comfortable, playable and with a small C shaped neck.

The guitar doesn't come with the tweed case but the older Fender red label hard case. The neck pocket stamps all check out. The cover on the middle pickup has not aged like the rest suggesting it is not original. There is no indication as to it's origin but it is not obvious. The guitar has an active circuit route the pick guard similar to the Eric Clapton body so there is space to add any active electronics you want. The route is only SSS though so no humbuckers will fit. If you want pictures of any of this I'm happy to provide them. 

I bought this second hand and am currently only looking to trade. Regarding trades i'd like to try something with a shorter scale length. A PRS CE or Gibson V would be ideal but i'm open to other offers, I can add some cash.

I am happy to travel and can meet in London and across the SE of England. I am looking for a face to face so you can check the guitar out and make sure you are happy. 

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask :)

Fret wear:

Mark in nitro across back of neck - can be felt slightly & doesn't interfere. 

Guitar with case - not as cool as tweed but smaller and more convenient. 

Worst of the nitro marks. There is a similar chip on the upper horn and near the output jack.

Mark in nitro above 21st fret and on edge of neck pocket
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments