Slash last night

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I saw this show at Leeds. Thought he 2200 were naff, California Breed won me over but the high pitch thing was odd, and Slash was awesome. The sound at Leeds was absolutely spot on, minus a bizarre amp issue in Rocket Queen that resulted in Slash seemingly miming while Ace flapped around wondering what was wrong.

My beef with Slash live at the moment, and I think I get what @thomasross20 is saying, is his crappy live tone. I think the AFD just sounds crap and brittle and there is no note definition. When I saw him in 2010 he was still using the Jubilee, and his tone was immense, but since switching to the AFD I think his live tone has suffered.

I was very surprised when the tech came out before the show and strummed a few chords on the AFD without it going through the PA, It sounded A LOT darker than it did in the show. I wonder if its a combination of mic placement and mixer EQ to help Slash stand out in the mix? (Which he certainly does, I could always here Slashs guitar at any point in the show)

Anyway, superb gig in my opinion, lots of GNR (we got half of appetite) was a real treat although I almost agree with @underdog - it would have been nice to have got more solo stuff just simply because the latest record is so good!

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Is he still using the AFD? I thought, though have no idea why, that he was back to JCMs, I didn't see any of the amps at Birmingham so couldn't tell you.

Really like the tone at the gig, was more like sounds on latest album rather than gnr.

Glad someone agrees he's earned the right to not have to play Appetite era songs anymore :D
  • I just thought his volume was too low! Could have done with a boost pedal during solos (if he hasn't already?)

• Mine wasn't at the O2 :s It was the SSE Hydro - never saw O2 shows :s