Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your Guitar aspirations 2015.

What's Hot

Comments

• dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    Get gigging again. It's been too long.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    edited December 2014
    Gru;436417" said:
    I would really like an Fender Eric Clapton Signature Strat, but I don't know if for the money I will end up disappointed?

Currently have a Sunburst Affinity Strat and it is so comfortable and easy to play, I am having trouble justifying £1k for an EC. It's the cheapest guitar I have owned from new. The neck feels amazing (no satin/gloss) like bare wood.
    Agreed that Affinity Strats are great guitars. The only thing I struggle with on them is the narrow 40mm nut, especially with my long fingers.

I would also add that I wanted a Gibson SG Standard for years. I had the Epi SG for a good while (and still do) and although I bought the Gibbo eventually, I never took to it in the same way as the Epi - the binding, the wider neck etc. Ended up selling the Gibbo as it wasn't played.

I'd advise playing the Clapton version when you get a chance - if it doesn't feel great within 5 mins, spending a grand won't necessarily get you used to it...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    dilbert said:
    Get gigging again. It's been too long.
    I've Wis'd you, but you've no excuse not to be doing it in any event.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3907
    Just to have one guitar. A Telecaster. That's all.
  • Deadman said:
    Nah. The delights of various guitars is that they are different. There's no such thing as one guitar can do everything..
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • A fan fret 7 string.

Maybe an unfinished one so I can get an oil city custom pickup. Not sure if I want a bright yellow one or something with a posh top to make Suhr weep, but I'll see what comes up.
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    I'm just hoping after months of waiting 2015 brings me my custom Esquire style build by Palir guitars. Roasted flame maple neck, chambered body, Porter t90 in the bridge with some tasteful distressing and lacquer checking.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22879
    The aspiration:

To buy nothing, to sell things I never play and to finally put together some guitars from the vast array of parts I've had lying around for years. 

The reality:

I'll buy 7 or 8 guitars, sell almost that many (always at a loss) and the mountain of parts will remain untouched as we head on into 2016....

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I shouldn't be buying anything new, I've got enough and I don't have any more space.

I'll be modifying stuff though - the Flying V is in the process of being mini-humbuckerized, the Tokai will be seeing a new set of pickups, the Ibanez should get a new scratchplate and pickups too. The 7 will hopefully be less neglected, and may gain a new neck pickup.

I would like a decent bass though. Been wanting a good 5-string for a while. Not sure if that means selling my current 4-string.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • I'd like to get a Jaguar. I've wanted one for ages, but keep buying Jazzmasters instead. Oh, and an SG with P90s.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Pretty happy with my lot to be honest. If I came into some unexpected money I'd love a Bilt Relevator, but I can happily file that under "it'd be nice to own one one day".
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • try and sort out the issues with my new squier vm jaguar.then learn to play it (want to learn lots of johnny marr stuff ;-)
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• I aspirre to write more riffs and make less mistakes live.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5168
    I hope Santa brings me an Angry Angus Tele to go with my Angry Angus Strat I bought this year!
    I love the Strat so much I even sold my 50's Roadworn Strat
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    edited December 2014
    I'd like to get into a shop and try a few out that I'm interested in as at the moment it's just "I like the look of that" . G and L Jerry Cantrell Superhawk, something Les Paul ish and get started on modding a cheap ESP I picked up.
    There's probably an equation for hopes and dreams of guitar related stuff like time divided by need to the power of money equals plausible reason to wife. I was never that good at maths
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3907
    Deadman said:
    Nah. The delights of various guitars is that they are different. There's no such thing as one guitar can do everything..
    I don't dispute it Phil.
  • P90s. There's a gaping hole in my collection where one or more P90s need to be.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    jd0272 said:
    FX_Munkee;436146" said:
    Finish building the ones I said I was going to finish this year?

Me too.
    Sort of me too.  Only in my case - START building the 50s Tele I have most of the bits for.

Then build/mod a 62 Custom Tele with Lollar Charlie Christian neck p/u

On the GAS side - A PRS on the 1 in/out rule - I have a PRS SE Korina for the out - but nothing grabs me (that I can afford).
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Deadman said:
    Wisdom awarded !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Play instead of looking at gear vids!

Still have a hankering for a Jag and an SG. And a nice strat with a vintage vibe. But maybe my goal will be to not buy any gear and force myself to use what I have, which I feel very lucky to have...