Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Do you think other hobbies have GAS like we do?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Apart from bikes and tattoos I don't really have any other vices (I'm not going to class reading and fillums as vices), and I'm rapidly running out of viable space for both.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    IanSavage said:
    Apart from bikes and tattoos I don't really have any other vices (I'm not going to class reading and fillums as vices), and I'm rapidly running out of viable space for both.
    Get your guitars tattooed. #problemsolved.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    imalone said:
    IanSavage said:
    Get your guitars tattooed. #problemsolved.
    Nice idea for a custom paintjob !
  • I have a few mates who are cycling-nuts and they spend an awful lot of money on that sort of thing. 

I run and I know a few runners that get through gear quite quickly, but that's accelerated through wear - if you run regularly with a pair of trainers for a few months the tread etc. goes and they are less supportive. So there is always more drive for lighter, stronger, better trainers. And there are all sorts of gait analysis arguments for different kinds of support, different trainers for different terrain and of course those barefoot running types. Then there are all the apps, running tracking gizmos, better clothes, that sort of thing. I don't spend anywhere near as much as I do on guitar stuff but on the flip side I make NO money from selling off my old shorts, and there is no preowned marked for my old Saucony Omni 12's ;)
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    One of my money pits... acquired for free back in 2002, been to Budapest and back in 2004 to raise £10k for Cancer Research and then had a small fortune spent on it. Lovely old thing. When it works. :-)

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited December 2014
    I've kept accounts for the race car as it's split between two people. I try not to look at it often... Ok, I just looked, knocking on the door of £50k for the Juno to date *cries*

Though using man-logic that's massively cheap... Given that if we competed in the championship that it's built for, that'd probably not even pay for a season of racing and we've been running it for about 5 years now.

Top impage BTW!
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    impmann said:
    One of my money pits... acquired for free back in 2002, been to Budapest and back in 2004 to raise £10k for Cancer Research and then had a small fortune spent on it. Lovely old thing. When it works. :-)

very cool man...especially the raising money part...well done!
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    samzadgan said:
    impmann said:

very cool man...especially the raising money part...well done!
    +1 that's the colour I remember, I think its cool.

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    juansolo said:
    Alnico said:
    juansolo said:
    Alnico said:

The 1989 Mercedes 190E was going to cost £7k in parts alone and then i sold that to buy a Porsche 924S...............

I still have a Merc 190E, it's my daily driver and there's a 1938 Rover 10 Coupe (one of only 5) in the garage. Though that's not mine.
    @juansolo, Were you part of 'That Forum' around 2005-2009 ?
    Yeah, I've had the 190 that long easily too ;) The Porsche came a little later... It's a weakness... Though I've been entertaining selling that recently and just buying myself I nice little MX5.

Edit: Actually that depends which forum you mean...
    MK1 MX-5 + MP62 + Megasquirt = :)
    or go on a mission and see if you can find a coldside MP62 set up. That's the best I've ever seen.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • My missus has an alarmingly large collection of nail varnish, she's even got an advent calendar with a different coloured nail varnish behind every door. 

She loves it, and even has several varieties of the same shade, although she insists that they're each slightly different.

Although writing this, I've always wanted a Sherwood green telecaster, so probably unwise to point fingers about duplicates of things.
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    FX_Munkee said:
    juansolo said:
    Alnico said:
    juansolo said:
    Alnico said:

The 1989 Mercedes 190E was going to cost £7k in parts alone and then i sold that to buy a Porsche 924S...............

I still have a Merc 190E, it's my daily driver and there's a 1938 Rover 10 Coupe (one of only 5) in the garage. Though that's not mine.
    @juansolo, Were you part of 'That Forum' around 2005-2009 ?
    Yeah, I've had the 190 that long easily too ;) The Porsche came a little later... It's a weakness... Though I've been entertaining selling that recently and just buying myself I nice little MX5.

Edit: Actually that depends which forum you mean...
    MK1 MX-5 + MP62 + Megasquirt = :)
    or go on a mission and see if you can find a coldside MP62 set up. That's the best I've ever seen.
    I know Performance 5 used to do them back in the day (serial MX-5 owner). Just picked up an absolute minter of a Mk1 for my brother. He got it on the promise that I get first refusal when he comes to sell it ;)

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11883
    Cameras...lenses in particular, I have like 9 of them.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4987
    Fishing and Golf are marketing peoples wet dream sports.  Every golfer wants a driver that will 'find' him an extra 10 metres off the tee. Check out eBay, DoneDeal, Adverts etc. for last months essential buy......

I love listening to my Hi-Fi system but would not consider it a serious GAS project.  Same with photography.  I have most/all of the camera equipment I need - what I do need is a brain implant to point out a great picture when the situation is staring me in the face.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4316
    My thing is clothes and shoes. I have developed an appreciation for British, preferably handmade clothing. Bespoke if possible but only when practical. Just like with guitars, speccing something from scratch and having it made, the process, the skill, craftwork, and input you have. It's quite addictive. And again, it can make guitars look cheap.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• horsehorse Frets: 1571
    Absolutely, yes.

Some time ago, I used to be a major collector of vintage coin-op video games:

@HarrySeven is the best collector of the best stuff I've ever seen - legend!
  • MistergMisterg Frets: 352
    B.O.A.T.

Break out another thousand.... :-/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    edited December 2014
    juansolo said:

I had a silver 190e up until two years ago. Was a proper classy car. It ran pretty well but was slightly prone to overheating and drank lots of petrol. I loved that old thing. 

The two-tone paint jobs are ace!