Bass or Guitar - what section ! (Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI Guitar)

Anyone using one of these ?

I have got to have a play with one of these after seeing some youtube videos.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I like to try one too.  Some of these new Squiers are amazing for the money.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6401
    GAS is very strong for a Bass VI at the moment.

Goji just bought one !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • I tried the Fender version a few weeks ago, loved it. Played it through a bass amp using fingers, think I'd prefer it with a pick though. Really nice round sound. Chords don't really work on the lower register, but sound lovely everywhere else.

I've started putting money aside for the Squier version.
  • I'm lucky to be living in an area devoid of decent music shops. If I was within a few miles of somewhere like Anderton's, I'd have restocked my guitar collection by now.

• Had one for a couple of months now. Superb build quality for trhe money. The nut is a bit soft, and some have had badly cut ones, but mine is passable. I had to replace the low E as it is a 0.085, and anything below a 0.095 is going to be pretty floppy. I was palying it quite a bit when I got it, and I really enjoy playing lead lines, and some chords on it. ONce I replaced the low E, playing regular basslines is fun also. I have been neglecting it as of late, as my time has been directed towards something else, but I am very much looking forward to getting right into it through the winter. I play it through a guitar amp, and it takes pedals really well. There is a really goo variety of tones out of the three pickups, and the bass cut switch. Well worth the asking price.
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    I ordered one in July and am still waiting for it.
    :(
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    edited September 2013
    mart said:

Where did you order it from ?  Dawsons, Dolphin music and Gear4Music are showing stock.

mart said:

Where did you order it from ?  Dawsons, Dolphin music and Gear4Music are showing stock.
    I ordered it from my local (small) shop as I'm on very good terms with them, and would like them to stay open, so I support them when I can. Unfortunately the down side is that they don't have the power that the bigger stores have, so are often last to get stock.
  • mart said:

mart said:

I ordered it from my local (small) shop as I'm on very good terms with them, and would like them to stay open, so I support them when I can. Unfortunately the down side is that they don't have the power that the bigger stores have, so are often last to get stock.

My local music shop stopped selling the equipment that interested me some years back. So I have to look further afield these days. Which is a shame because I do miss those times when you drop in for a brew and a chat....then find your credit card was used against your will !

Haha! I haven't had my credit card used against my will yet, but perhaps that is a line I can tell the wife when the bass vi finally arrives!  :D
  • I thought everywhere was sold out? I've got one on order and apparently the dealers are saying POSSIBLY pre xmas before anything comes in
    How very rock and roll
    It looks like GAK have the black one. I couldn't see anywhere else with stock.
    Oh, and there's a guy on basschat selling one!
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    edited September 2013
    But when you look at the list of stores and stock in each, they say that none of their stores have any in stock. So I assume they have a bunch on order. But probably so does every shop in the country! :D
  • got mine about 3 weeks ago. Agree with Gusman2x the stock low E is too light and floppy and can be troublesome to intonate properly. My nut was ok but there where a couple of high/low frets. So off it went for some fret work and as it was in a new bone nut, all topped off with new 26-95 stainless flatwounds. now plays beautifully.

Mine finally came through last week, and I also found the low E awkward. I re-strung it A-A and now it's absolutely amazing. Nice full baritone chords, but fantastic low end for riffs on the bass strings. The only downside is the headache of all the transposing - seeing a chord chart with a D and having to think to play an A shape instead, etc. But that actually just makes it more fun! :D

The nut looks very messy on mine, but the fretwork all seems ok. And the tuning seems to be holding fine, despite lots of (admittedly light) trem use. 

I can see it being a fantastic tool for doubling parts in a recording.