Spend my £550. On me. Not you.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    You are excused!

Very tempting. The Viking deluxe is just down the road from me but I know yours is a bit higher spec. Really just want a few opinions from the Brotherhood of the Fretboard.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3907
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    edited August 2013
    Just a few observations from a recent Yamaha 311h owner. 
    I bought it second but in as new condition as I too didn't want to take a bath. I have since modded it but here are my thoughts having lived with it for a few months. 
    A good guitar for the money but that is all. It plays well, stays in tune etc so would have no issues recommending it, even for gigging, but when you strip away the hardware it is the same base guitar as a boggo Pacifica 112, which is a good value £200 guitar, so don't expect miracles. 
    It also has a very narrow 40mm nut spacing. I enjoyed modding it but it will probably be put back to original and on its way soon.
    That's a fine looking G&L !  Under consideration.

Cheers for the feedback on the Pacifica 311 - interesting. Although a boggo Pacifica is solid alder with a nice neck. But, yes, I take your point. Might be too narrow for my large hands as well.

I've a few things I'm dithering over, which is weird because I normally make instant decisions on these things. I'm enjoying the Yamaha THR so much that I've lost the immediate need to fulfill my GAS urge.

Still thinking about the Viking and LTD with the P Rails - I know I want humbuckers or P90s so why not get both?
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Very underrated, but have a look at the fenandes revelle elites, originally retailed for £1000, I got mine 2nd had for 500, it's honestly the best electric I have played, Seymour Duncan, jb, sustainer pickup, gotoh machine heads, full maple cap with full binding, I have had 5 les pauls in my time and I can honestly say this does beat them, it's now my go to electric
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    We should rename this thread Lazarus...
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2326
    There are some very very tasty Levinson blades on evil bay at thr moment, which are simply awesome guitars..
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    seems like you have no real need for anything... why not hide the money in your sock drawer until the next £550 spare come s along and have a reassessment...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Hog body with maple cap, lush satin neck, humbuckers that split nicely (5 way switch) and an LR Baggs system too for acoustic output and you can run three amps from it :-) even comes with a nice moulded hard case.

25.5 scale same as a tele. Loads of tonal variety

....yes I am selling one and it is a shameless plug. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Unsurprisingly, given that my last comment in the thread was August 2013, the cash has long since gone!!
    H0w the heck did this thread get resurrected!!......actually it may have been me, I was browsing through the old posts, late last night , and must have forgot to refresh to the first page...lol, oh well.
    That is a nice going tho I must say
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Go with what you suggested, an Epi LP tribute, excellent guitars and some buckers to go with your single coils.

Or a Gibson LPJ/SGJ
  • meltedbuzzbox;277894" said:
    I personally would go for a Green Godin LGXHog body with maple cap, lush satin neck, humbuckers that split nicely (5 way switch) and an LR Baggs system too for acoustic output and you can run three amps from it :-) even comes with a nice moulded hard case.

25.5 scale same as a tele. Loads of tonal variety

....yes I am selling one and it is a shameless plug. 
    Plug or not, that's an incredible looking thing, and good value.

Want want want want I'm so poor
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    stonevibe said:
    P90s.

Just something with P90s.

buy his Edwards before I do...
    edited June 2014
    Ahem 

ONE YEAR OLD DEAD THREAD RESURRECTION 

Nothing to see here...
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 452
    edited June 2014

LOL

Are you guys deliberately ignoring the fact that THIS THREAD IS ALMOST ONE YEAR OLD and the cash has gone...

Feel free to advertise your gear!
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 452
    Ha! I totally missed that fact! will delete my post now