Dadgad fingerstyle book?

Well, it's official, I'm going to own an acoustic for the first time.

In my efforts to branch out from RAWWWWWR GRR METAL I fancy learning some folksy or percussive fingerstyle.

I *love* Andy mckee, anyone dufour etc and while I appreciate they have much studying and practice under their belts (as well as partial capos and other tunings), I would like a book that focuses on dadgad fingerstyle so I can become more familiar with chords and picking patterns, as well as learn nice solo compositional pieces.

Cheers :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4321

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• CHRISB50;445220" said:
    Nice one, cheers. I'll give it a whirl.

I found a book that looks good, and specifically fingerstyle too. :) I'll let the forum know if it's any good or not.
  • Well, I got "understanding dadgad for fingerstyle guitar".

Not played anything, but a cursory read is very promising. It progresses relatively quickly, and goes to what looks like intermediate level of playing - very cool.

Talks about scales, keys, caged a bit, picking patterns, chord shapes but also basic percussive technique (looks to be muted low d string, so level one!) and harmonics.

There is also a basic guide to playing in various keys and the reasons why - such as a particularly strong leading tone on an open string, for example, and short examples to illustrate the effects.

Really nice, very excited to pick up the guitar tomorrow. :)
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15619
    was thinking of getting that (working my way through The Acoustic Fingerstyle method at the moment, but nearing the end) so will be glad to see what you think of it after a few months working on it.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.