Recording a simple riff

I am 'stuck', musically speaking, with a simple riff.  Blues based, guitar tuned Open G, when I play the 12 bars I have no idea where to go from there!  I have no recording equipment or access to any such equipment but I am wondering if I succeeded in saving it on my Boss looper pedal, could I upload it here and someone could suggest some musical direction or maybe play 'the next bit'.  Not very confident with the RC-3 either so it could be a bit hit and miss.

Where should I post the file [assuming I can get it down on the looper pedal]?  Thanks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Google drive, or dropbox maybe?
    Should be easy to get it Off the RC-3, plug it in, the folders are numbered as patches. UL it to drive/DB and linky here ;)
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • Have you tried putting your guitar down, singing what you have so far and see if you can come up with the next bit?
    Sometimes not being "restricted" by your instrument helps. :)
  • Try another instrument maybe, see where that takes you.  If I come up with a riff, i'd like to work out the bass part for the riff, then the bass part could determine where it goes next.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    I sometimes find it helpful to write the bit that goes into the bit you're stuck at - don't work out what happens next, work out what needs to happen first.
  • Maybe try going to the relevant minor of G major, which would be an E minor, Hope this helps.