Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

How many do you really need (again...I know)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Bucket;453665" said:
    I need as many as I can afford and fit in the space I have.
    This guy has it right.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    Technically I don't need any.

I tend to subscribe to Bucket's philosophy on it, though. :))
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2890
    Bucket;453665" said:
    What u need is a girlfriend young man. :)

• blueskunk said:
    Bucket;453665" said:

In my teens I remember having one electric guitar and no money as it all went on drinks, drugs and pursuing young women...
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    blueskunk said:
    Bucket;453665" said:

Fucking tell me about it :D
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • My orange PRS is my number one.

I got the same one in purple because that sort of model isn't overly common and I liked the colour, to be honest. A good backup in case something happened to good old orange..

I liked the Suhr Pro series when I played them so just got one, why not. Though not cheap, it will act as my second guitar at gigs. Nice lightweight bag with that, too - way easier to carry than the PRS hardcase!

To be honest, the second PRS was a bit much. I'd love to swap the 59/09s for 57/08s. Would never sell as it's quality but would not get a quality price for it!

I think only 2 electrics are needed. Everybody needs an acoustic, too - though I love mine, it doesn't get played too much.
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    In the 70's I played in a very busy, semi pro band that eventually got signed and went pro. During those years I had one guitar and one amp (the amp changed a few times) because I had very little money and couldn't afford any more.

Now I'm a lot older, have more disposable income and play mainly as a glorified hobby with two (sometimes three) bands. I have 20 guitars, several amps and lots of rack gear, pedals, etc. why? Because I can! I like playing my collection of guitars and amps and recording and gigging with them. I don't need them all but I do enjoy owning them so why not?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    Just one more i recon

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24446
    N+1 

Where N is the number you currently have.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4148
    edited December 2014
    One great loved electric, one great loved acoustic, and as many more as you need to remember how good the first two are.
  • Bucket said:
    blueskunk said:
    Bucket;453665" said:

Fucking tell me about it :D
    #BallsLikeMelons
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    I gig on bass and acoustic, and have done on electric too - hence I've got two of each. But then there's the resonator, and the couple of basses that're signed and sentimental, and the ASG that's on the way as, um, an 'investment'...
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    I only have the one electric really, and as of tomorrow my acoustic will be on loan.
    I'm in the process of justifying at least 8 more to myself though :D
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100