Ampmaker P1800 footswitch mod: done

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3090
    Now you have done it, has it met your expectations?, and will you be releasing details/an idiots guide to achieving it
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FatfingersFatfingers Frets: 500
    Yes it's great. Most of the details are in this thread but if you want help with it I'm more than happy to talk you through it. I used a little channel switch relay board from Weber in the States. It runs from the valves' heater supplies. I think it was 10 bucks, although the postage was more than the board if I remember correctly.
    Thanks for the offer, I need to buy and build the amp first!.....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

Well, I recommend that you do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Wisdom!

edited August 2016
    Finished it off with a little footswitch. I spent ages trying, unsuccessfully, how to work out what value of resistor I needed to go with an LED to indicate when the hot channel is selected.

Eventually I just stuck one in series with the switching circuit and it glows, but not too brightly, so I guess the switching relay's coil is about the right resistance!

So, what is the difference when you switch between inputs…...

The hot channel switches in an extra gain stage - half an ECC83. It gives a lot more crunch and a handy volume rise. Perfect for solos, really.
    Proper job, I'd better bookmark this thread.....