Effects with separate wet / dry outputs? - advice please

2»

Comments

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    That would make sense as the analogue dry through would very easy to interrupt with a dip switch, and TC do pay a lot of attention to detail and musicians needs when designing, not to mention stella sonic abilities.  Thanks @steamabacus

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    steamabacus said:   As far as I know, the entire toneprint range has the kill dry and true/buffered bypass switching except the vibrato (buffered only)
    Now I was thinking overnight, (terrible habit I'll try not to do it again)     ;)

But if the chorus was dry only, that would give a modulated pitch shift signal, which if it was then fed into one side of a ring modulator, with main signal into the other side, it may well give some interesting metallic but musical variations on the guitar tone.  Mix it back in with the original signal in a controlled way, maybe throw some O/D or fuzz into one or both signal paths, before or after, and...

Hmmm might just get interesting.  Do I know what this will sound like, well I have a clue, but not really till I try it.
    So that is what this thread is all about to me, opening up the building blocks for experimentation.
    Delays are the most obvious candidate to start with, but...

• I think the Toneprint range would really suit you. The downloadable toneprints give a huge variety of sounds available - and, for example, you can download a  toneprint for the Flashback delay that turns it into a tri-chorus. On top of that you have the software 'toneprint editor' that allows you to tweak all the parameters in the pedal via usb. At the moment it won't allow you to save the settings to computer (but you can save to the toneprint slot in the pedal itself ..... BUT ..... I received an email from TC Electronic just the other day with news that there is a new version of the editor in beta testing that WILL allow you to save toneprint settings as a computer file.
    Thanks @steamabacus.
    I always liked and respected TC, for their outlook and the gear they make, so I think you are right about the Toneprint range suiting me.

Plenty of 'fiddle factor" with the editor, just love that, I'll be in tweaking heaven.

It also keeps the fiddling around with sounds to just the time you actually want to do that, and leaves the pedal to do it's job simply the rest of the time.

Maybe the best of both worlds?  And far more parameters to play with than you could put on any sensibly sized pedal too.  But they really should get that save facility working, from A/B'ing to creating a library, that's a real oversight.  Still better late than never.

I didn't know about getting "a  toneprint for the Flashback delay that turns it into a tri-chorus" so thanks for that info too.